Capturing command line output
Author Message
 Capturing command line output

I need to capture the output of the NSLOOKUP command for parsing and
processing in a script. Right the only option I know of is to pipe the
NSLOOKUP output into a file and then parse it there. Is there a way to say,
capture the output of NSLOOKUP into something like STDIN or some other
object,  OR, does someone know of a COM or ActiveX object that does NSLOOKUP
and or Ping?

Thanks
          Phil

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:01:55 GMT
 Capturing command line output
Phil Lewis says:

Quote:
>OR, does someone know of a COM or ActiveX object that does NSLOOKUP
>and or Ping?

I have written a COM object that does NS lookup.  It's absolutely free
and available on my web sites.  (See below)

----------
Randy Hunt
MCP+I / MCSE

visit
www.wshscripting.com for WSH scripts
www.serverscripting.com for server scripts

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:50:28 GMT

1. Capturing command-line output

2. Capture output from command line program

3. Capture output from command line program

4. command line output - capturing

5. Capturing the output of a command-line tool

6. capturing a shell commands output

7. Capture result/output from 'run'-command

8. Error trying to capture command box output

9. Capturing output from commands

10. Error trying to capture command box output

11. Capture Dos DIR command outputs for VB

12. Capturing Output from shell command to VB