ASP To connect to webservers netlogon share
Author Message
 ASP To connect to webservers netlogon share

to read in alias.ini files that we use for our login script.

If I use the server.mappath and use files local to the script (In the same
folder) it works. when I want to look real time and read from the netlogon
share it doesn't.  What am I doing wrong? (Attempt (roughly) is below)
remember if I put the alias.ini local and take out the strnetlogon this is
working...

I believe it has something to do with security, but is it possible the
webserver doesn't have access to the netlogon share in the context this .asp
runs?  It is in the PDC's NT Domain.. is there another way to approach this?

Thank you.  ( The actual problem is listed below the other 195 lines of this
script works fine.. I've narrowed my problem down to access this network
share)

'-- :runme.asp
StrPDC = "NT4DC1"
StrNetLogon = "\\" & StrPDC & "\NETLOGON\"
userfile = alias.ini
if (userinifile.FileExists(server.mappath(strnetlogon & userfile))) then
response.write "File exists YES!"
else
   response.write "I hate seeing this message!!!"
end if
'------------------------------------------

There is a lot more involved.. but hopefully you get the picture..  thanks
in advance..

--
Anthony B
------------------------

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:48:15 GMT
 ASP To connect to webservers netlogon share
So I've done a little looking around and admit how wrong I am.. it seems the
mappath can only show relative or absolute paths IN THE WEB ENVIORNMENT and
not on another server.. (I usually am using vb and test this there without
the mappath and that works obvioously).. So, is there anyway for me to
connect to this remote server from within the vb to retrieve the alias
objects? Thanks.

--
Anthony B
------------------------

Quote:
> to read in alias.ini files that we use for our login script.

> If I use the server.mappath and use files local to the script (In the same
> folder) it works. when I want to look real time and read from the netlogon
> share it doesn't.  What am I doing wrong? (Attempt (roughly) is below)
> remember if I put the alias.ini local and take out the strnetlogon this is
> working...

> I believe it has something to do with security, but is it possible the
> webserver doesn't have access to the netlogon share in the context this
.asp
> runs?  It is in the PDC's NT Domain.. is there another way to approach
this?

> Thank you.  ( The actual problem is listed below the other 195 lines of
this
> script works fine.. I've narrowed my problem down to access this network
> share)

> '-- :runme.asp
> StrPDC = "NT4DC1"
> StrNetLogon = "\\" & StrPDC & "\NETLOGON\"
> userfile = alias.ini
> if (userinifile.FileExists(server.mappath(strnetlogon & userfile))) then
> response.write "File exists YES!"
> else
>    response.write "I hate seeing this message!!!"
> end if
> '------------------------------------------

> There is a lot more involved.. but hopefully you get the picture..  thanks
> in advance..

> --
> Anthony B
> ------------------------

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:01:22 GMT

1. opentextfile from a share (netlogon)

2. Connecting to an Access database using VBScript and Personal Webserver

3. Can't connect to webserver in Interdev

4. Connecting SQL Server 7 with WebServer as well as Local Server

5. Connecting to an Access Database on a Webserver

6. Forward file from one ASP to another WebServer

7. ASP and WebServer

8. Windows 2000 WebServer - Caching ASP - VB Scriptlets Issue...

9. Connecting to network shares when network is detected only - help please

10. Connect Network Share

11. connecting to w2k printer share via winnt4 fails

12. Is a share connected?