upload files to IIS5 through web browser
Author Message
 upload files to IIS5 through web browser
Is there a way to upload files to an IIS 5.0 Server through a web browser ?

I appreciate any assistance.

Regards

Pedro

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:52:56 GMT
 upload files to IIS5 through web browser
I found this tutorial very useful for the purposes you describe.
 LOL

http://www.asptoday.com/content/articles/20000316.asp

Randy

Is there a way to upload files to an IIS 5.0 Server through a web browser ?

I appreciate any assistance.

Regards

Pedro

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:46:17 GMT
 upload files to IIS5 through web browser
Try this frre upload component:

http://www.caprockconsulting.com/comsoftware.asp

Hope it helps.
Gerald

Quote:
?

> I appreciate any assistance.

> Regards

> Pedro

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:45:17 GMT
 upload files to IIS5 through web browser
having the same problem...
found a site: www.aspfaq.com
under faqs added this month # 167 'how do i ftp files from asp?'
http://www.aspfaq.com/faq/faqShow.asp?fid=167

my web hosting provider does not allow 'new' dlls / mods to the server

posted a question to microsoft about the possibility of a VBScript that will

no response as yet...

gives

Quote:
> Is there a way to upload files to an IIS 5.0 Server through a web browser
?

> I appreciate any assistance.

> Regards

> Pedro

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:07:51 GMT
 upload files to IIS5 through web browser
Try to use PureASP upload
http://www.pstruh.cz/help/ScptUtl/library.htm

--
Antonin Foller
PSTRUH Software

Quote:
> Is there a way to upload files to an IIS 5.0 Server through a web browser
?

> I appreciate any assistance.

> Regards

> Pedro

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:09:41 GMT
 upload files to IIS5 through web browser
If you were out selling your product to my server instead of plugging
it here I wouldn't be in a scripting newsgroup trying to find out how
to do this in VBScript.

However, my server doesn't have your compent, and won't install any
components for uploading.  They say this is very simple though script
and therefor doesn't warrant a component.

How can I do this in VBScript alone?

Thanks,
Troy

Quote:
>Try to use PureASP upload
>http://www.pstruh.cz/help/ScptUtl/library.htm

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:10:01 GMT
 upload files to IIS5 through web browser
Actually what was offered here is really pure ASP code.  It has conditional logic that will use the
purchased/licensed component if indicated or use a pure script solution.

Please do NOT take this an endor{*filter*}t on my part!!!  I have looked through the code but have NOT
used it.  My intent is to clarify that this wasn't purely a commercial sales pitch ;-)...

You can find at least one other "pure ASP" solution at

15 Seconds : Upload Section
http://www.*-*-*.com/

There is also a free WSC (i.e. script based) upload component I've seen (and recommended fixes to)
at

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Here's the thread the component and the "fixes" were discussed on in case you're interested...

The following code (in both the Save and SaveAs methods) is an absolute CPU killer!!!

For z = 1 to LenB(UploadControl.Item("Value"))
  objFile.Write chr(AscB(MidB(UploadControl.Item("Value"),z,1)))
Next

Try this instead...

(be sure to Dim any new variable names - the component uses Option Explicit)

===in both Save and SaveAs===

binFileData = UploadControl.Item("Value")

For z = 1 to LenB(binFileData)
  objFile.Write chr(AscB(MidB(binFileData,z,1)))
Next

=========================

Better yet, if you have ADO 2.5 or higher on the server, you can accomplish this roughly 200+ times
faster by rewriting the guts of the Save and SaveAs methods with:

(be sure to Dim all new variable names - the component uses Option Explicit)

'...in SaveAs...'
saveFilename = strFileName
'...in Save...'
saveFilename = UploadControl.Item("FileName")

'...common to both...
'...(better as a private sub/function called from both)

const adTypeBinary = 1
const adModeReadWrite = 3
const adSaveCreateOverwrite = 2

set stream = createobject("adodb.stream")
stream.type = adTypeBinary
stream.mode = adModeReadWrite

stream.open
stream.write UploadControl.Item("Value")
stream.savetofile strSavePath & saveFilename, adSaveCreateOverwrite

stream.close

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> If you were out selling your product to my server instead of plugging
> it here I wouldn't be in a scripting newsgroup trying to find out how
> to do this in VBScript.

> However, my server doesn't have your compent, and won't install any
> components for uploading.  They say this is very simple though script
> and therefor doesn't warrant a component.

> How can I do this in VBScript alone?

> Thanks,
> Troy

> >Try to use PureASP upload
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 04:30:34 GMT

1. Uploading files from Browser to Web Server

2. Uploading a file Web Page to the Web Server

3. Web Browser: Opening link in new Web Browser window

4. How to make my web browser as a default web browser

5. Browser File Upload?????

6. File Upload from a browser

7. File upload from browser

8. uploading a file via a web page

9. ASP/Web-based File Upload

10. Uploading a file from a web page.

11. Fw: uploading files to web server using asp.net

12. Uploading specific file types to a web server