sleep function
Author Message
 sleep function

Hi,

does anybody know a simple way to programm a "sleep" or "wait" function?
I want to stop a script for x seconds without getting high load on the
server.
I know there is a Win32API Sub called sleep, but AFAIK I cant call any api
from VBScript.

thanks,
Gregor

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sleep function
WScript.Sleep (Milliseconds)

Quote:

> Hi,

> does anybody know a simple way to programm a "sleep" or "wait" function?
> I want to stop a script for x seconds without getting high load on the
> server.
> I know there is a Win32API Sub called sleep, but AFAIK I cant call any api
> from VBScript.

> thanks,
> Gregor

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sleep function

Only an option for standalone (WSH hosted) scripts...

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

WScript.Sleep (Milliseconds)

Quote:

> Hi,

> does anybody know a simple way to programm a "sleep" or "wait" function?
> I want to stop a script for x seconds without getting high load on the
> server.
> I know there is a Win32API Sub called sleep, but AFAIK I cant call any api
> from VBScript.

> thanks,
> Gregor

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sleep function

hi Gregor,

in IE, use a timer.  The sample code below was provided by Thorsten Gudera.

Hallo Du da, wie geht's?
<script language="VBscript">
setTimeout "ga", 60000
sub ga
msgbox "One Minute has passed"
msgbox bla("hallo")
end sub
function bla(input)
bla = input
lala.innerhtml="<font color=#6f0000>Hi there :-)))</font>"
end function
</script>

  Thorsten

Quote:
> Hi,

> does anybody know a simple way to programm a "sleep" or "wait" function?
> I want to stop a script for x seconds without getting high load on the
> server.
> I know there is a Win32API Sub called sleep, but AFAIK I cant call any api
> from VBScript.

> thanks,
> Gregor

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT