Err.Description returns "" all the time
Author Message
 Err.Description returns "" all the time

I'm reading the registry using the Shell object and if the key doesn't
exist, the Err.Description is blank even though the Err.Number is
&H80070002.  Any Clue?

Thanx

Anton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Err.Description returns "" all the time
What version of WSH - in particular wshom.ocx and VBScript.dll?  What OS?

I've always gotten different non-blank error descriptions for 0x80070002 for non-existent keys or
keys that exist but have no default value, but never a blank error description.

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

I'm reading the registry using the Shell object and if the key doesn't
exist, the Err.Description is blank even though the Err.Number is
&H80070002.  Any Clue?

Thanx

Anton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. field .Properties("Description") question

2. Set the Field "Description" Property

3. Programmatically modifying field "description" property

4. Of what use "err.source"?

5. err "object server not correctly registered "

6. Err Msg "Physical Database Not Found"

7. "Invalid TVL Record" err msg

8. err msg "unrecognized database format"

9. Field.Properties("Description")

10. Strange Err.Number and no Err.Description

11. Err.Raise returns wrong description

12. Err.Raise returns wrong description