Windows 2003 Server WSH
Author Message
 Windows 2003 Server WSH

I am running an evaluation of the Windows 2003 Enterprise
Server.  Developing a couple scripts to run in at customer
locations on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.

I have created a test script, execute it from the command
line.

C:\>cd temp

C:\Temp>cscript test.vbs
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights
reserved.

Input Error: There is no script engine for file
extension ".vbs".

Can anyone help me here.  I have tried to install the
Windows script host 5.6, does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Vincent S.

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 04:18:38 GMT
 Windows 2003 Server WSH

Quote:

> I am running an evaluation of the Windows 2003 Enterprise
> Server.  Developing a couple scripts to run in at customer
> locations on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.

> I have created a test script, execute it from the command
> line.

> C:\>cd temp

> C:\Temp>cscript test.vbs
> Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights
> reserved.

> Input Error: There is no script engine for file
> extension ".vbs".

> Can anyone help me here.  I have tried to install the
> Windows script host 5.6, does not work.

> Any suggestions?

Hi

I have no problem running a script like this on a Win2k3 Standard Server.

Try this to refresh the registry values for WSH on Win2k3:

Locate the file %windir%\inf\wsh.inf (inf is a hidden folder), right click,
select "Install".

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:22:08 GMT
 Windows 2003 Server WSH
Torgeir,

This worked.  Thanks a lot.

Quote:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

>.

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:28:13 GMT

1. WSH - Windows 2003 Server

2. VB.Net and Windows Server 2003 Newbie

3. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP in Windows 2003 Server

4. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP/IIS 6.0 in Windows 2003 Server

5. Problems in running Direct3D on Windows 2003 server

6. Windows Server 2003

7. 16-bit programs on Windows Server 2003

8. Winsock and Windows Server 2003 (.Net)

9. VBScript User Creation Issues Under Windows 2003

10. Adding disk quota record on Windows 2003 RC2...

11. cannot createobject(filesystemobject) on 2003 server

12. Windows XP 64-bit Edition Version 2003