Running EXE files from VBScript
Author Message
 Running EXE files from VBScript

Hi people ...

I am having a bit of a trouble. I am building an application using ASP and
VBScript. I need to wun an exe file on the server when the user presses a button
on the webpage. There is the Shell function but I really do not know hot to use
this. Can anybody help ?? PLEEEEEEEEEASE !

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:47:16 GMT
 Running EXE files from VBScript
Create a shell object then call:  WshShell.Run("notepad.exe") or some such
.exe.

You can specify the direct path or UNC path.  You can also create a variable
and run it.

x = "net use \\" + ServName + \c$
WshShell.Run(x)

Where ServName is predefined or prompted for in an InputBox.

Hi people ...

I am having a bit of a trouble. I am building an application using ASP and
VBScript. I need to wun an exe file on the server when the user presses a
button
on the webpage. There is the Shell function but I really do not know hot to
use
this. Can anybody help ?? PLEEEEEEEEEASE !

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:14:28 GMT

1. How could I run exe file form vbscript

2. Run any EXE File with VBscript

3. create directory, copy files, run exe files

4. Running cscript.exe and wscript.exe from the floppy drive

5. How do I run notepad.exe on the server using vbscript

6. Help running an exe from vbscript

7. Running a .bat or .exe through VBScript in IIS ASP

8. Run .exe in same thread as VBScript??

9. run exe on VBScript?????????????

10. running an exe from vbscript

11. Error trying to run .exe. from VBScript

12. how to run cmd.exe from VBScript?