Prompt for the Time Zone and to Set it 
Author Message
 Prompt for the Time Zone and to Set it

Hi ,
(i)  How can VBScript and WSH can be used so that for the login Script
we can ask the User to provide the Time Zone or to bring up the Time
Zone dialog window so that he can set it up.

(ii) How can a Drop down list be created using Vbscript login script
so user can specify there choice elts say for States lie MI CA NY and
to know what they have selected.

(iii) How can One check where to Start the script Next time from in
case a Reboot is required while executing the login Script.

Thank you in advance for all your help.



Sun, 03 Oct 2004 06:26:28 GMT  
 Prompt for the Time Zone and to Set it

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi ,
>(i)  How can VBScript and WSH can be used so that for the
login Script
>we can ask the User to provide the Time Zone or to bring
up the Time
>Zone dialog window so that he can set it up.

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
oShell.Run "control timedate.cpl ,1", 1, True

Quote:
>(ii) How can a Drop down list be created using Vbscript
login script
>so user can specify there choice elts say for States lie
MI CA NY and
>to know what they have selected.

Using IE from your script is one way of doing it, take a
look at this thread:

From: Lee (prgraphATinreachDOTCOMMERCIAL)
Subject: Can I create a listbox for user input?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
Date: 2000-11-19 16:59:12 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?
hl=en&th=d1a5b623fa2af2ec&rnum=2

Quote:
>(iii) How can One check where to Start the script Next
time from in
>case a Reboot is required while executing the login

Script.

Create progress "marks" in registry?
What would cause this reboot requirement?

--
torgeir



Sun, 03 Oct 2004 06:57:05 GMT  
 Prompt for the Time Zone and to Set it
Thank you for all your Help. Actually I will be changing the Computer
Name in the login script so will need to boot....

 A follow up to Time Seup. Once I have the time Zone dialog window
open can I switch to TAB Time Zone by Sending the Keys Ctrl Tab to
that application.... If Yes How will that be Accomplished ....

Thank you

Quote:

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hi ,
> >(i)  How can VBScript and WSH can be used so that for the
>  login Script
> >we can ask the User to provide the Time Zone or to bring
>  up the Time
> >Zone dialog window so that he can set it up.

> Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> oShell.Run "control timedate.cpl ,1", 1, True

> >(ii) How can a Drop down list be created using Vbscript
>  login script
> >so user can specify there choice elts say for States lie
>  MI CA NY and
> >to know what they have selected.

> Using IE from your script is one way of doing it, take a
> look at this thread:

> From: Lee (prgraphATinreachDOTCOMMERCIAL)
> Subject: Can I create a listbox for user input?
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
> Date: 2000-11-19 16:59:12 PST
> http://groups.google.com/groups?
> hl=en&th=d1a5b623fa2af2ec&rnum=2

> >(iii) How can One check where to Start the script Next
>  time from in
> >case a Reboot is required while executing the login
> Script.

> Create progress "marks" in registry?
> What would cause this reboot requirement?



Sun, 03 Oct 2004 09:43:31 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Dataset DateTime column value affected by time zone setting

2. Daylight saving - winter time - summer time - time zone

3. Daylight saving - winter time - summer time - time zone

4. Daylight saving - winter time - summer time - time zone

5. Time & Time Zones

6. time zones and daylight saving time

7. Formatting Time to GMT when current Time Zone not known

8. Real time From Time Zone information

9. Determining Time Zones or Server Time

10. Add Time zone to time received field in message

11. Time offset for Time Zone display?

12. UTC time and Time Zones

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software