Remote NT Services
Author Message
 Remote NT Services

Does anyone have an example to stop and start remote NT services, that's if
it possible, using vb5 or vb6

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote NT Services

Quote:
> Does anyone have an example to stop and start remote NT services, that's if
> it possible, using vb5 or vb6

This is done through netapi32.dll, I believe. However, WMI provides these types
of
services. Search MSDN for it. It's kind of complicated, but very powerful and
featureful.

-Chad

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote NT Services
Use OpenSCManager, OpenService, StartService and ControlService.
The first parameter to OpenSCManager is the name of the remote computer
or NULL for the local computer.  OpenService gets a handle to the
service. StartService is used to start a service. ControlService can be
used to stop, pause, continue, interrogate, etc a service. You may want
to browse pages 60-67 of my book "Programming Windows Services" to get
an idea of how to call these functions.
--
Randy Charles Morin [MVP] - http://www.kbcafe.com/
Author of "Programming Windows Services"

Quote:
> Does anyone have an example to stop and start remote NT services,
that's if
> it possible, using vb5 or vb6

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Checking a remote NT Service from NT & Win95

2. Remote access to NT Service Manager

3. Remote access to NT Service Manager

4. Start Remote Windows NT Service

5. starting nt service on remote computer

6. The NT Service Control Manager On A Remote Machine

7. Start and stop a Service an a remote NT-workstation

8. Start and stop a Service an a remote NT-workstation

9. NT Service Pack Info of remote host

10. How to receive a remote computers Windows NT Services in VB 5.0

11. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

12. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)