Retrieve PDF and present it in Web Browser
Author Message
 Retrieve PDF and present it in Web Browser

How to retrieve the PDF through ASP and present in in Web
Browser?

Thanks.

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:46:05 GMT
 Retrieve PDF and present it in Web Browser
It'll only present in the web browser if the user has installed Adobe Reader.
To link to it just use a standard <A href="somedocument.pdf">View PDF</A>.

Chris.

How to retrieve the PDF through ASP and present in in Web
Browser?

Thanks.

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:33:23 GMT
 Retrieve PDF and present it in Web Browser
How about retrieve it from SQL Server BLOB field?

Quote:
> It'll only present in the web browser if the user has installed Adobe
Reader.
> To link to it just use a standard <A href="somedocument.pdf">View PDF</A>.

> Chris.

Quote:
> How to retrieve the PDF through ASP and present in in Web
> Browser?

> Thanks.

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:14:06 GMT
 Retrieve PDF and present it in Web Browser
No idea about SQL Server BLOB but once you have then you can just to Response.BinaryWrite and set the HTTP headers to be
the relevant mime type.

SQL Server: See http://www.sqlmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=5107 and the code download at the bottom of the page.

Also:

http://www.psacake.com/web/if.asp

Chris.

How about retrieve it from SQL Server BLOB field?

Quote:
> It'll only present in the web browser if the user has installed Adobe
Reader.
> To link to it just use a standard <A href="somedocument.pdf">View PDF</A>.

> Chris.

Quote:
> How to retrieve the PDF through ASP and present in in Web
> Browser?

> Thanks.

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 01:20:17 GMT
 Retrieve PDF and present it in Web Browser
Thank you.

Quote:
> No idea about SQL Server BLOB but once you have then you can just to

Response.BinaryWrite and set the HTTP headers to be
Quote:
> the relevant mime type.

> SQL Server: See http://www.sqlmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=5107

and the code download at the bottom of the page.
Quote:

> Also:

> http://www.psacake.com/web/if.asp

> Chris.

Quote:
> How about retrieve it from SQL Server BLOB field?

> > It'll only present in the web browser if the user has installed Adobe
> Reader.
> > To link to it just use a standard <A href="somedocument.pdf">View
PDF</A>.

> > Chris.

> > How to retrieve the PDF through ASP and present in in Web
> > Browser?

> > Thanks.

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 22:15:49 GMT

1. capture PDF form data using web browser control

2. capture PDF form data using web browser control

3. Can I retrieve a URL from web browser?

4. Web Browser: Opening link in new Web Browser window

5. How to make my web browser as a default web browser

6. Main record not retrieved if no sub record present

7. Main record not retrieved if no sub record present

8. Web browser control, .Document object browser/viewer?

9. web browser experts needed for helping with the creation of the best internet browser(freeware)

10. Size of web page in web browser object

11. Printing a Web Page in Web Browser Control

12. Detecting bad web site in web browser control