Rumour that VBScript being phased out
Author Message
 Rumour that VBScript being phased out

Is there any truth to the phasing out of VBScript by Microsoft. I was at he
last PDC and nothing was said regarding this. Should we start converting all
our development efforts produced in ASP/VBScript into ASP+/VB or
ASP/JavaScript

Any insight would be appreciated

Serge Vadeboncoeur
The CGI Group

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Rumour that VBScript being phased out
Note: This is strictly *personal* opinion.

ASP and VBScript as it exists today will continue for a very long time.  When ASP+ and the .NET
languages are eventually released, they will not replace ASP and existing scripting languages
overnight or even for a number of years.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...

> Is there any truth to the phasing out of VBScript by Microsoft. I was at he
> last PDC and nothing was said regarding this. Should we start converting all
> our development efforts produced in ASP/VBScript into ASP+/VB or
> ASP/JavaScript

> Any insight would be appreciated

> Serge Vadeboncoeur
> The CGI Group

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Session Variable Time-outs

2. moon phase calendar

3. tektronix phase III pxi: blue correction

4. university EMR send outs

5. on the outs

6. Learning the ins and outs of Peek and Poke

7. How to handle print outs in VB?

8. Filesystem Time outs

9. Time-outs

10. Need help with time outs

11. VBScript woes....what am I doing wrong???????

12. Export Time phased Data