Title only in title bar of msgbox
Author Message
 Title only in title bar of msgbox

Is there a way to keep the "VBScript:" text from appearing in the title bar
of a message box? That is, with:

MsgBox strMsg, 0, "Data Needed"

Is there a way to have the title only read "Data Needed" rather than
"VBScript: Data Needed"?

TIA.

~Shane

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:47:58 GMT
 Title only in title bar of msgbox

Quote:
> Is there a way to keep the "VBScript:" text from appearing in the title
bar
> of a message box?

No, it is there for security reasons

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:26:07 GMT
 Title only in title bar of msgbox
Use WScript.popup

Quote:
> Is there a way to keep the "VBScript:" text from appearing in the title
bar
> of a message box? That is, with:

> MsgBox strMsg, 0, "Data Needed"

> Is there a way to have the title only read "Data Needed" rather than
> "VBScript: Data Needed"?

> TIA.

> ~Shane

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 02:29:10 GMT
 Title only in title bar of msgbox
These are 4 ways to display a popup with 3 captions :
wscript.echo "toto" 'Caption is Windows Script Host
msgbox "toto" 'Caption is VBScript
set wshShell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
wshshell.popup "toto" 'Caption is Windows Script Host
wshshell.run "javascript:alert('toto');" 'Caption is Microsoft Internet
Explorer

Quote:
> Is there a way to keep the "VBScript:" text from appearing in the title
bar
> of a message box? That is, with:

> MsgBox strMsg, 0, "Data Needed"

> Is there a way to have the title only read "Data Needed" rather than
> "VBScript: Data Needed"?

> TIA.

> ~Shane

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 03:29:52 GMT
 Title only in title bar of msgbox
Quote:
> wshshell.popup "toto" 'Caption is Windows Script Host

When you specify the Title using Wscript.popup, Only the text specified for
the title is shown.  "Windows Script Host" does not appear in the Title.

Quote:
> These are 4 ways to display a popup with 3 captions :
> wscript.echo "toto" 'Caption is Windows Script Host
> msgbox "toto" 'Caption is VBScript
> set wshShell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
> wshshell.popup "toto" 'Caption is Windows Script Host
> wshshell.run "javascript:alert('toto');" 'Caption is Microsoft Internet
> Explorer

> > Is there a way to keep the "VBScript:" text from appearing in the title
> bar
> > of a message box? That is, with:

> > MsgBox strMsg, 0, "Data Needed"

> > Is there a way to have the title only read "Data Needed" rather than
> > "VBScript: Data Needed"?

> > TIA.

> > ~Shane

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:05:09 GMT
 Title only in title bar of msgbox
Actually, I never tried using a "  " (blank of more than one space) in the
title, but I just did this using both msgbox and Wscript.popup and the title
bar has nothing in it..... on either one....

Quote:
> These are 4 ways to display a popup with 3 captions :
> wscript.echo "toto" 'Caption is Windows Script Host
> msgbox "toto" 'Caption is VBScript
> set wshShell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
> wshshell.popup "toto" 'Caption is Windows Script Host
> wshshell.run "javascript:alert('toto');" 'Caption is Microsoft Internet
> Explorer

> > Is there a way to keep the "VBScript:" text from appearing in the title
> bar
> > of a message box? That is, with:

> > MsgBox strMsg, 0, "Data Needed"

> > Is there a way to have the title only read "Data Needed" rather than
> > "VBScript: Data Needed"?

> > TIA.

> > ~Shane

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:09:59 GMT
 Title only in title bar of msgbox
I just did some experimenting after reading your post,. I have posted this
issue a while ago, cos I to had several experiences with the 'vbscript:'
being gone in a MsgBox instance (I remember even posting a screenshot of it)
so far noone has come with a 'sollution' to this mystery, I tried what you
talked about (just blank space as the title), but could not get the
'vbscript:' to disappear.

I wonder if it's just a random issue, a glitch in the vbscript engine or
something, cos I still see it happen occasionally, but without an obvious
reason..
----------------------
Jim Teeuwen
www.defiance.nl

---------------------------

Quote:
> Actually, I never tried using a "  " (blank of more than one space) in the
> title, but I just did this using both msgbox and Wscript.popup and the
title
> bar has nothing in it..... on either one....

> > These are 4 ways to display a popup with 3 captions :
> > wscript.echo "toto" 'Caption is Windows Script Host
> > msgbox "toto" 'Caption is VBScript
> > set wshShell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
> > wshshell.popup "toto" 'Caption is Windows Script Host
> > wshshell.run "javascript:alert('toto');" 'Caption is Microsoft Internet
> > Explorer

> > > Is there a way to keep the "VBScript:" text from appearing in the
title
> > bar
> > > of a message box? That is, with:

> > > MsgBox strMsg, 0, "Data Needed"

> > > Is there a way to have the title only read "Data Needed" rather than
> > > "VBScript: Data Needed"?

> > > TIA.

> > > ~Shane

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 08:17:41 GMT

1. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

2. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

3. adding a title to the title bar

4. Change Title In Alert Box Title Bar ???

5. drag move title without title bar?

6. Help! - Positioning msgbox/title bar/Access subform

7. remove the title bar in the inputbox and the msgbox

8. How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar

9. How to show diffenent Texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar

10. Show icon on task bar w/o Title bar

11. Height of Menu Bar and Title Bar

12. Q: Removing title bar and/or Menu bar from a window