(asp) declaring session arrays in global.asa
Author Message
 (asp) declaring session arrays in global.asa

Seems I can't declare and initialize session arrays in global.asa...

It works fine if I initialize them in any other page, but not in global.asa.
Other session variables works fine, it is just arrays that seems to
malfunction.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

this is how my global.asa looks like:

dim iArt(16,4)
dim iCount

For iCount = 1 to 16
     iArt(iCount,1) = "tom"
     iArt(iCount,2) = "0"
     iArt(iCount,3) = "0"
     iArt(iCount,4) = "tom"
next

Session("iArt") = iArt

now what might be the problem?

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 (asp) declaring session arrays in global.asa
You have to do these things in

sub session_onstart()

   _______________________________________
   Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

   "When the President does it,
    that means it is not illegal."
           - Richard Nixon

Quote:
>Seems I can't declare and initialize session arrays in global.asa...

>It works fine if I initialize them in any other page, but not in
global.asa.
>Other session variables works fine, it is just arrays that seems to
>malfunction.

>Any ideas what might be the problem?

>this is how my global.asa looks like:

>dim iArt(16,4)
>dim iCount

>For iCount = 1 to 16
>     iArt(iCount,1) = "tom"
>     iArt(iCount,2) = "0"
>     iArt(iCount,3) = "0"
>     iArt(iCount,4) = "tom"
>next

>Session("iArt") = iArt

>now what might be the problem?

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 (asp) declaring session arrays in global.asa
I do these things in sub session_onstart

All mine session variables that I initialize in sub session_onstart work,
except the arrays.

Now what is so peculiar with the arrays?

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 (asp) declaring session arrays in global.asa
never mind the posting

I solved it (but I don't know how I did it)

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. globabl.asa and declaring global functions

2. SESSION ONEND & global.asa

3. Global ASA and Session Variables

4. Deleting a file via Global.asa when session ends

5. global.asa and global.asax ?

6. Declaring Global Arrays from Load_Form

7. need to declare array as global

8. Session("Variable") as Array ...ASP

9. Using a array as a session var (ASP) ?

10. ASP Session Variables / Arrays

11. Arrays not transferrable from ASP Session???

12. Question: Global.asa