Array Filter Function and 2D Array
Author Message
 Array Filter Function and 2D Array

Does anyone know if the array Filter function can be used on a 2D array.

Say I have an array
Test(1,1) = John
Test(1,2) = Anderson
Test(2,1) = Phil
Test(2,2) = Johnson

Can the Filter function be used to filter the 1st element, Say I want
to Filter only 'John', so then I would have a new array with only

Test(1,1) = John
Test(1,2) = Anderson

If this would work I would rather use this then loop through the
array every time I need to.

Thanks in advance!

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 05:51:43 GMT
 Array Filter Function and 2D Array
Says right in the documentation that Filter accepts a one-dimensional array.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Does anyone know if the array Filter function can be used on a 2D array.

> Say I have an array
> Test(1,1) = John
> Test(1,2) = Anderson
> Test(2,1) = Phil
> Test(2,2) = Johnson

> Can the Filter function be used to filter the 1st element, Say I want
> to Filter only 'John', so then I would have a new array with only

> Test(1,1) = John
> Test(1,2) = Anderson

> If this would work I would rather use this then loop through the
> array every time I need to.

> Thanks in advance!

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 06:58:49 GMT

1. wsh/ jscript : BUG : array of array, 2D array

2. Array of Arrays and 2D array

3. 2D Array to 1D Array

4. Convert 2d array to 1d array

5. Function to return 2d array or disconnected dr

6. Filter Function - how does it work with array

7. Array in array returned by function

8. passing 2D array

9. dynamic 2d arrays

10. passing 2D array

11. Extract a row from a 2D array

12. recordset into 2d array using getrows()