Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create Object
Author Message
 Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create Object

If I use the "CreateObject" function in a VBS - Script file, the program
works properly. If I put the same code inside a HTML-Page stored locally on
the PC-drive C: , no problem occured when opening the page as file by
internet explorer 4.0. --> The script runs properly. If I put now the same
HTTP-page on a network drive or on a Web-server, "run time error 429"
occured. I use the same client PC. The "CreateObject" will not be able to
access any ActiveX component registred and referenced correctly. The Vbscipt
is configured to run locally on the client PC.

Did somebody now anything about this problem ?

Thanks for any suggestion

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create Object
Yeah

   I had the same problem, my MS access database  is in another computer
 Mdac2.0 sp2)and not in webserver ( Mdac2.1 ), I am running a VBScript :

   USERDB_DSN="USRADIUS"
set authConn1 = server.createobject("ADODB.connection")
authConn1.open(USERDB_DSN)

   Which I define an system DSN in the web server and select it connect to
another computer database by using network drive or share name
(\\sever\folder\filename.mdb)

   The browser give me following error:

   Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'

  ActiveX component can't create object

  /myscript/order.asp, line 6

  I already give IUSR_Webservername to full access in the shares and mdb
file, also I uncheck the password synchronize in the ISM for the webserver.

  Anyone know how to solve it ?

  THanks!

Quote:
> If I use the "CreateObject" function in a VBS - Script file, the program
> works properly. If I put the same code inside a HTML-Page stored locally
on
> the PC-drive C: , no problem occured when opening the page as file by
> internet explorer 4.0. --> The script runs properly. If I put now the same
> HTTP-page on a network drive or on a Web-server, "run time error 429"
> occured. I use the same client PC. The "CreateObject" will not be able to
> access any ActiveX component registred and referenced correctly. The
Vbscipt
> is configured to run locally on the client PC.

> Did somebody now anything about this problem ?

> Thanks for any suggestion

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

2. Run time error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object

3. CDO CreateObject Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

4. Run-time Error 429 (ActiveX can't create object)

5. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

6. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

7. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

8. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

9. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

10. ActiveX component can't create object or return reference to this object (Error 429)

11. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object

12. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object