Unable to Shutdown Windows95 & reboot via WSH
Author Message
 Unable to Shutdown Windows95 & reboot via WSH

Steve,

This is the command line I use to reboot Win98 from a shortcut.  It may be
the same for Win95.

C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2

Regards,
Doug Knox
--
Visit this part of my home page for some helpful
Cosmetic, Security and Utility Tweaks for Win98.

Quote:
> Is it possible for a call to be made to shutdown windows95 & reboot??
> An equivalent to the "Restart Computer" option on shutdown.
> I did find the following, but it only shuts down windows not restart..

> Dim WSHShell   ' used as the shell object
> Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> WshShell.Run= "%windir%\RunDll32.exe user,ExitWindows", 1, -1

> Thanks In Advance

> Steve

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to Shutdown Windows95 & reboot via WSH
Is it possible for a call to be made to shutdown windows95 & reboot??
An equivalent to the "Restart Computer" option on shutdown.
I did find the following, but it only shuts down windows not restart..

Dim WSHShell   ' used as the shell object
Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run= "%windir%\RunDll32.exe user,ExitWindows", 1, -1

Thanks In Advance

Steve

Mon, 27 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Manage reboot/shutdown?