Software Engineer
Euetch {*filter*}netics Pte. Ltd.,
Blk 55,Ayer Rajah Crescent
#04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:01:43 GMT
 Managing User State in Multiple Servers
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sessions = Very little or No Scalability

Consider using cookies, the URL query string, or hidden
form fields to pass data between pages. These methods
will follow the client to whichever server they end up on.

If you MUST use Sessions (bad) then you will have to configure
your load-balancing mechanism to "stick" the user to a web
server and leave them there. This, of course, is not optimal.

-Chad

Quote:
> Hi ,

> I am developing an enterprise web application in which the user
> request(client browser's request) will be served by multiple users. (i.e)
> Based on the Load on each servers, an intermediate Load balancing mechanism
> will re-route the client request to the less-loaded web server.Since we are
> expecting more  than 1 million users we need to have multiple web servers.In
> this status, if the user loggs on to a partuicular webserver,the session
> will be initiated there.But when his next request is routed to another
> server,the session will not be maintained on that server. We need to track
> the user session throughout the process.

> Please help me out by suggesting any other way (other than cookies).

> Bye

> --
> Regards & Thanks From
> PrakashDharan
> Software Engineer
> Euetch {*filter*}netics Pte. Ltd.,
> Blk 55,Ayer Rajah Crescent
> #04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:14:50 GMT
 Managing User State in Multiple Servers

are your servers based on multiple sub domains ? or do you laod to different
domains?

If you use sub domains use cookies and then the follwoing property.

Response.Cookies("Cookie").Domain = ".yourdomains.com"

I had the same problem before :)

Hope that helps

Quote:
> Hi ,

> I am developing an enterprise web application in which the user
> request(client browser's request) will be served by multiple users. (i.e)
> Based on the Load on each servers, an intermediate Load balancing
mechanism
> will re-route the client request to the less-loaded web server.Since we
are
> expecting more  than 1 million users we need to have multiple web
servers.In
> this status, if the user loggs on to a partuicular webserver,the session
> will be initiated there.But when his next request is routed to another
> server,the session will not be maintained on that server. We need to track
> the user session throughout the process.

> Please help me out by suggesting any other way (other than cookies).

> Bye

> --
> Regards & Thanks From
> PrakashDharan
> Software Engineer
> Euetch {*filter*}netics Pte. Ltd.,
> Blk 55,Ayer Rajah Crescent
> #04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:53:42 GMT
 Managing User State in Multiple Servers
Thanks for the Suggestions

#04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Quote:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> Sessions = Very little or No Scalability

> Consider using cookies, the URL query string, or hidden
> form fields to pass data between pages. These methods
> will follow the client to whichever server they end up on.

> If you MUST use Sessions (bad) then you will have to configure
> your load-balancing mechanism to "stick" the user to a web
> server and leave them there. This, of course, is not optimal.

> -Chad

> > Hi ,

> > I am developing an enterprise web application in which the user
> > request(client browser's request) will be served by multiple users.
(i.e)
> > Based on the Load on each servers, an intermediate Load balancing
mechanism
> > will re-route the client request to the less-loaded web server.Since we
are
> > expecting more  than 1 million users we need to have multiple web
servers.In
> > this status, if the user loggs on to a partuicular webserver,the session
> > will be initiated there.But when his next request is routed to another
> > server,the session will not be maintained on that server. We need to
track
> > the user session throughout the process.

> > Please help me out by suggesting any other way (other than cookies).

> > Bye

> > --
> > Regards & Thanks From
> > PrakashDharan
> > Software Engineer
> > Euetch {*filter*}netics Pte. Ltd.,
> > Blk 55,Ayer Rajah Crescent
> > #04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:28:10 GMT
 Managing User State in Multiple Servers
Thanks

#04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Quote:
> are your servers based on multiple sub domains ? or do you laod to
different
> domains?

> If you use sub domains use cookies and then the follwoing property.

> Response.Cookies("Cookie").Domain = ".yourdomains.com"

> I had the same problem before :)

> Hope that helps

> > Hi ,

> > I am developing an enterprise web application in which the user
> > request(client browser's request) will be served by multiple users.
(i.e)
> > Based on the Load on each servers, an intermediate Load balancing
> mechanism
> > will re-route the client request to the less-loaded web server.Since we
> are
> > expecting more  than 1 million users we need to have multiple web
> servers.In
> > this status, if the user loggs on to a partuicular webserver,the session
> > will be initiated there.But when his next request is routed to another
> > server,the session will not be maintained on that server. We need to
track
> > the user session throughout the process.

> > Please help me out by suggesting any other way (other than cookies).

> > Bye

> > --
> > Regards & Thanks From
> > PrakashDharan
> > Software Engineer
> > Euetch {*filter*}netics Pte. Ltd.,
> > Blk 55,Ayer Rajah Crescent
> > #04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:27:43 GMT
 Managing User State in Multiple Servers

Anybody else who are interested in this issue like me can go thorugh this
article that I recently came across.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thanks

#04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Quote:
> Thanks

> --
> Regards & Thanks From
> PrakashDharan
> Software Engineer
> Euetch {*filter*}netics Pte. Ltd.,
> Blk 55,Ayer Rajah Crescent
> #04-01/07 Singapore 139949

> > are your servers based on multiple sub domains ? or do you laod to
> different
> > domains?

> > If you use sub domains use cookies and then the follwoing property.

> > Response.Cookies("Cookie").Domain = ".yourdomains.com"

> > I had the same problem before :)

> > Hope that helps

> > > Hi ,

> > > I am developing an enterprise web application in which the user
> > > request(client browser's request) will be served by multiple users.
> (i.e)
> > > Based on the Load on each servers, an intermediate Load balancing
> > mechanism
> > > will re-route the client request to the less-loaded web server.Since
we
> > are
> > > expecting more  than 1 million users we need to have multiple web
> > servers.In
> > > this status, if the user loggs on to a partuicular webserver,the
session
> > > will be initiated there.But when his next request is routed to another
> > > server,the session will not be maintained on that server. We need to
> track
> > > the user session throughout the process.

> > > Please help me out by suggesting any other way (other than cookies).

> > > Bye

> > > --
> > > Regards & Thanks From
> > > PrakashDharan
> > > Software Engineer
> > > Euetch {*filter*}netics Pte. Ltd.,
> > > Blk 55,Ayer Rajah Crescent
> > > #04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Managed State Help

2. Managing object state

3. Managing server certificates on IIS servers programmatically

4. Running .mde file from server (multiple users)

5. Multiple User Accounts Accessing ActiveX Server

6. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

7. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

8. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

9. managing multiple presentation

10. Managing/writing to multiple files

11. NewbieQ: Managing multiple interfaces

12. How to manage multiple UDP connections ?