CreateObject refuses to create remote Object
Author Message
 CreateObject refuses to create remote Object

I'm having an error when the following code runs

<BODY>
<%
dim strRemServer
StrRemServer = "fll-gms-com01"
set objDBAccss = CreateObject
("dbaccss.dbaccess",StrRemServer )
%>

</BODY>

Error:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property
assignment: 'CreateObject'

Any Suggestions? VBScript engine maybe?
The code Works fine in one IIS4 NT SP6 (development)
But Doesn't work on IIS4 NT SP6 (production)

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:08:57 GMT
 CreateObject refuses to create remote Object
You need at least VBScript 5.1 for this to work...  The "Wrong number of arguments..." part of the error message implies to me that you have a pre-5.0 version of VBScript.  Version 5.0 added support for the 2nd remoteserver argument but it didn't actually work until 5.1.

And there must still be a registry entry on the client machine under HKCR for the progid in question.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I'm having an error when the following code runs

> <BODY>
> <%
> dim strRemServer
> StrRemServer = "fll-gms-com01"
> set objDBAccss = CreateObject
> ("dbaccss.dbaccess",StrRemServer )
> %>

> </BODY>

> Error:
> Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'

> Wrong number of arguments or invalid property
> assignment: 'CreateObject'

> Any Suggestions? VBScript engine maybe?
> The code Works fine in one IIS4 NT SP6 (development)
> But Doesn't work on IIS4 NT SP6 (production)

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:38:29 GMT
 CreateObject refuses to create remote Object
Hi Oswaldo,

The reason you are getiing  Wrong number of arguments or invalid property
assignment: 'CreateObject' is because you should only have
Function CreateObject(bstrProgID As String)  and a Object is  or
CreateObject("dbaccss.dbaccess"), when working with the Server.CreateObject

Quote:
> I'm having an error when the following code runs

> <BODY>
> <%
> dim strRemServer
> StrRemServer = "fll-gms-com01"
> set objDBAccss = CreateObject
> ("dbaccss.dbaccess",StrRemServer )
> %>

> </BODY>

> Error:
> Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'

> Wrong number of arguments or invalid property
> assignment: 'CreateObject'

> Any Suggestions? VBScript engine maybe?
> The code Works fine in one IIS4 NT SP6 (development)
> But Doesn't work on IIS4 NT SP6 (production)

Yelena Irie
http://www.lioninfo.com

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:57:53 GMT

1. CreateObject and Remote objects

2. ADO connection to remote SQL-Server database refused

3. CreateObject doesn't create Outlook Object

4. Difficulty creating object with CreateObject

5. Creating OLE Object with CreateObject

6. Any Differences in creating new object via CreateObject or via New

7. CDO CreateObject Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

8. Catching Events from Object Created Using CreateObject()

9. Problem creating an object with CreateObject

10. Cloned tbody object refuses to fire onclick event (addendum to previous post)

11. When object refuse to die

12. Create object with Remote access server