Determining already installed ActiveX Controls in VBScript
Author Message
 Determining already installed ActiveX Controls in VBScript

Hi to all,

I am completely new to VBScript, so please forgive my ignorance. What I need
to do is figure out whether the user already downloaded and installed a
specific
ActiveX control from inside VBScript. I tried the online documentation, but
I seem
not to find my way through. Any hints are appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Determining already installed ActiveX Controls in VBScript
there is an article on the sitebuilder workshop by the Webman that covers this.

Quote:

> Hi to all,

> I am completely new to VBScript, so please forgive my ignorance. What I need
> to do is figure out whether the user already downloaded and installed a
> specific
> ActiveX control from inside VBScript. I tried the online documentation, but
> I seem
> not to find my way through. Any hints are appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Peter

*      You can send me email at:                *

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Determining already installed ActiveX Controls in VBScript
You can try something like this:
<OBJECT id=mycontrol classid="whatever">
<SCRIPT language=VBScript>
Sub Window_Onload()
On error resume next
'this sets the error handling going
zz=document.all.tags("OBJECT").item(0).text
'where text is one of the Object's parameters
'since no codebase is specified in the OBJECT tag, then if the control is not present
'on the system, then the error will be generated, if you refer to one of the object's
'parameters.
'zz=mycontrol.text should also work in this instance
If err.number=438 then
'Object not found
Elseif err.number <> 0 then
'some other error
end if
'no error, so object is there
end sub
</SCRIPT>

HTH,

Steve

Quote:

>Hi to all,

>I am completely new to VBScript, so please forgive my ignorance. What I need
>to do is figure out whether the user already downloaded and installed a
>specific
>ActiveX control from inside VBScript. I tried the online documentation, but
>I seem
>not to find my way through. Any hints are appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Peter

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Determining already installed ActiveX Controls in VBScript

2. Determining Installed Plugins and ActiveX Controls for IE

3. How to install CDO after Outlook has already been installed

4. Determining the availability of ActiveX controls

5. Trying to determine ActiveX Controls

6. Determine what activex controls are running on a browser

7. Install activex control from local maschine

8. ActiveX Control Install - HELP?

9. detection of currently installed ActiveX controls via jscript

10. Viewing Installed ActiveX Controls

11. Refs on checking whether ActiveX controls are installed?

12. ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?