sendkeys right mouse click...
Author Message
 sendkeys right mouse click...
i know this isn't possible with standard sendkeys but does anyone know of a
third party way of using sendkeys to perform a left or right mouse click
after the user highlighted a file first?

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:47:14 GMT
 sendkeys right mouse click...
well a couple questions/suggestions

1.  if the file is highlighted, couldn't you just use {ENTER}or ~
2.  couldn't you use onclick instead of send keys
3.  maybe there is another way to achieve your desired result.

Quote:
> i know this isn't possible with standard sendkeys but does anyone know of
> third party way of using sendkeys to perform a left or right mouse click
> after the user highlighted a file first?

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:03:23 GMT
 sendkeys right mouse click...
Hi,

Not with straight VBS.  Can you install an ActiveX in your environment?
Hiddensoft's AutoItX freeware can be set and called from vbs to perform very
articulate mouse clicks, so long as it can identify the window (menu).  For
mouse clicks, download the full AutoIt freeware package (not just the
AutoItX component).  You'll need AutoIt Reveal Mode to get the data for the
coordinates inside the window, to set the method for the click location.
AutoIt comes with an explanatory CHM file, and there is an online help
group.  AutoItX works inside scripting languages (like VBS).  AutoIt by
itself is a separate standalone script that also compiles to exe files, and
you may be able to do this entirely with AutoIt, without having to install
the ActiveX or work though VBS.

Also, the AutoItX version of Send is more articulate than VBS's SendKeys,
and it includes the Windows Application Key (the context menu key), which
may get you the equivalent of your right click without having to simulate a
mouse click.

http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit/

help group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/autoitlist/

Joe Earnest

Quote:
> i know this isn't possible with standard sendkeys but does anyone know of
> third party way of using sendkeys to perform a left or right mouse click
> after the user highlighted a file first?

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:21:21 GMT
 sendkeys right mouse click...

Quote:

> i know this isn't possible with standard sendkeys but does anyone know of a
> third party way of using sendkeys to perform a left or right mouse click
> after the user highlighted a file first?

Hi

{APPSKEY} in the Send command supplied by AutoIt and AutoItX will do this.

AutoIt/AutoItX is free and can be found here:
http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

AutoItX is an ActiveX control version of AutoIt and can be used from a
VBScript.

Note:
AutoIt(X) window handling defaults to match the start of a window title that
you specify, use "SetTitleMatchMode 2" to specify ANY substring of the window
title you want to match. Also, the Windows titles and text are case sensitive.

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:36:26 GMT
 sendkeys right mouse click...
thanks everyone. i'm exploring some possibilities and a lack of coding
knowledge where needed is leading me down just a couple of paths. i think
the AutoItX is just what i'm looking for.

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:09:00 GMT
 sendkeys right mouse click...
Hi Mark,

SHIFT + F10 does a right click, dont know if this is helpful.

thanks

Andy

Quote:
> thanks everyone. i'm exploring some possibilities and a lack of coding
> knowledge where needed is leading me down just a couple of paths. i think
> the AutoItX is just what i'm looking for.

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:10:48 GMT

1. label click event only works with right mouse click

2. How to include an ordinairy mouse-click in a right-click

3. Sendkeys for Right mouse button?

4. SendKeys and Right-Click

5. Cancelling a Right Mouse Button Click

6. disable mouse right-click

7. Mouse Right Click Event

8. no right click mouse with alert

9. Detecting Right Mouse Clicks

10. Mouse Right Click Event

11. Javascript detect a right mouse click?

12. Can you right mouse click on a link