Creating a DSN
Author Message
 Creating a DSN

I'm looking at ways of scripting the creation of a DSN.  I'm able to
create the DSN by editing the ODBC.ini key in the registy, however, I'm
unsure of how to assign a username and password for the DSN.  Can this
be done?  If so, how?

Thanks,
Tony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating a DSN
Manually create a DSN with similar properties as what you're
trying to script.

Look at the registry entries it creates. This will tell you
exactly what you have to do.

-Chad

Quote:

> I'm looking at ways of scripting the creation of a DSN.  I'm able to
> create the DSN by editing the ODBC.ini key in the registy, however, I'm
> unsure of how to assign a username and password for the DSN.  Can this
> be done?  If so, how?

> Thanks,
> Tony

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating a DSN

Quote:
> Manually create a DSN with similar properties as what you're
> trying to script.

> Look at the registry entries it creates. This will tell you
> exactly what you have to do.

> -Chad

Chad,
   Thanks, it appears the "LastUser" string will set the username
value, but I don't see any obvious method of setting the password
(since we're currently set up to use SQL server authentication).  Do
you know of a way to do this?

Thanks,
Tony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to create odbc dsn for SQL Server7

2. Create ODBC DSN on a remote machine

3. Use a db without creating a DSN

4. Found COM Object for creating ODBC DSN

5. Creating a DSN from command-line

6. Create System DSN using WSH?

7. create a dsn?

8. How to create ODBC DSN from Access 97

9. Trying to create a DSN on the fly for Oracle ODBC

10. create system dsn in vba

11. Creating System DSN

12. Programmatically Create a DSN for SQL Server