FileSystem Object Network Path Error
Author Message
 FileSystem Object Network Path Error

When creating a simple template to display drives, all drives are
displayed except those that are a network drive.  Also, I have created an
application that references a shared networked folder.  However, I always
receive an error displaying "Path not found".  Need Help???  Is there some
sort of
permissions that must be set...etc.

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:19:19 GMT
 FileSystem Object Network Path Error

Quote:

> When creating a simple template to display drives, all drives are
> displayed except those that are a network drive.  Also, I have created an
> application that references a shared networked folder.  However, I always
> receive an error displaying "Path not found".  Need Help???  Is there some
> sort of
> permissions that must be set...etc.

Hi

It would be a greater chance to help you if we could get a look at your current
script (the relevant part of it at least in a running condition :-)

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 05:04:38 GMT
 FileSystem Object Network Path Error

My code is as follows:
<%
currentFolder = server.MapPath("repository/")

<!---
My "REPOSITORY" folder is a virtual folder mapped to a network shared
folder on a different machine.
--->

Set myFileSys = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set theFolder = myFileSys.GetFolder(currentFolder)
%>

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 05:30:08 GMT
 FileSystem Object Network Path Error

Quote:

> My code is as follows:
> <%
> currentFolder = server.MapPath("repository/")

> <!---
> My "REPOSITORY" folder is a virtual folder mapped to a network shared
> folder on a different machine.
> --->

> Set myFileSys = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> Set theFolder = myFileSys.GetFolder(currentFolder)
> %>

If currentFolder resolves to a UNC path, you won't be able to access it from
server side ASP without jumping through a lot of hoops...

Q197964 - PRB: Cannot Access Remote Files with the FileSystemObject

Q207671 - HOW TO: Access Network Files from IIS Applications

Q184566 - HOWTO: Set Up Duplicate Anonymous Accounts on Separate Servers

Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US

Technet Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:43:57 GMT

1. Filesystem object UNC Path Error

2. The network path was not found error

3. FileSystemObject - Network Drive/Network Path

4. FileSystem problem with UNC paths

5. Error 76 Path not found with folder object

6. Error handling in the wscript.network object - Argh.

7. Long Path Names give Runtime error 76 - Path not found

8. Long Path Names give Runtime error 76 - Path not found

9. Extract Image out of OLE Object Field to Filesystem

10. filesystem object

11. filesystem object and UNC?

12. FileSystem Object