BSTR type
Author Message
 BSTR type

Message | Block Sender ...

Quote:
> I want use an object in VBScript who have BSTR type in paramaters .  Can I
> use BSTR type in VBScript ?

> Thanks

> Pat

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:28:53 GMT
 BSTR type
VBScript only has variants...

If the method expects a ByVal BSTR then you can pass a variant containing a string.

If the method expects a ByRef BSTR then you can pass a variant containing a string wrapped in ()s
(making it an expression) to force a pass ByVal, but the method won't be able to change the contents
of the string...

See the following for some background...

Type Mismatch When Passing Parameters from ASP to VB
http://support.microsoft.com/view/dev.asp?kb=244012

Q165967 - PRB: Script Error Occurs When Referencing Non-variant Array
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q165/9/67.ASP

Building COM Components That Take Full Advantage of Visual Basic and Scripting
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/msdn_vbscriptcom.htm

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I want use an object in VBScript who have BSTR type in paramaters .  Can I
> use BSTR type in VBScript ?

> Thanks

> Pat

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:27:56 GMT
 BSTR type
Fix your system date

Quote:
> I want use an object in VBScript who have BSTR type in paramaters .  Can I
> use BSTR type in VBScript ?

> Thanks

> Pat

Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:22:01 GMT

1. BSTR type

2. BSTR's, BSTR->string, and maps

3. xmldoc.xml & string = bstr / Problem with encoding

4. Converting Javascript strings to C++ BSTR* ???

5. type 1, type 2?, type 3 ps fonts

6. Garbage writing BSTR to text file

7. C++ ActiveX Property returns VARIANT Array of BSTR for VBScript or JavaScript

8. xmldoc.xml & string = bstr / Problem with encoding

9. Passing SAFEARRAYS of BSTR and int to a VBScript

10. VB, WSH and [out] BSTR *

11. Variant and BSTR question?

12. com variant bstr array