Setting Share permissions using VBScript
Author Message
 Setting Share permissions using VBScript

Others have posted that you can do this with the AdsSecurity.dll component that comes in the ADSI
SDK download.  Search the microsoft.public.scripting.* newsgroups with a deja power search.

Deja.com: Power Search
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...

> Hi All,

> Does anyone know how to set share permissions on an NT Server using
> VBScript? Or if its even possible at all??

> Thanks
> Regards
> JediK9

Tue, 13 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Share permissions using VBScript
Microsoft Active Directory Services Interfaces 2.5 SDK
http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/other/ADSI25/sdk.asp

The text on the page is wrong (it says "click the "adsi25.chm" link..." ;-).

The 'sdk.zip' file is 4.55MB (not 651KB).

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...

> Thanks Michael, Thats exactly what I was looking for.
> Unfortunately, the link you posted to the SDK is broken.
> !!!!

> > Others have posted that you can do this with the AdsSecurity.dll component
> that comes in the ADSI
> > SDK download.  Search the microsoft.public.scripting.* newsgroups with a
> deja power search.

> > Deja.com: Power Search
> > http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > --

> > Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...
> > --

> > > Hi All,

> > > Does anyone know how to set share permissions on an NT Server using
> > > VBScript? Or if its even possible at all??

> > > Thanks
> > > Regards
> > > JediK9

Tue, 13 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Share permissions using VBScript
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to set share permissions on an NT Server using
VBScript? Or if its even possible at all??

Thanks
Regards
JediK9

Wed, 14 May 2003 11:10:55 GMT
 Setting Share permissions using VBScript
Thanks Michael, Thats exactly what I was looking for.
Unfortunately, the link you posted to the SDK is broken.
!!!!

Quote:
> Others have posted that you can do this with the AdsSecurity.dll component

that comes in the ADSI
Quote:
> SDK download.  Search the microsoft.public.scripting.* newsgroups with a
deja power search.

> Deja.com: Power Search
> http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...
> --

> > Hi All,

> > Does anyone know how to set share permissions on an NT Server using
> > VBScript? Or if its even possible at all??

> > Thanks
> > Regards
> > JediK9

Wed, 14 May 2003 13:58:50 GMT

1. How can I set permission on a share using VB/ADSI

2. Help using Netapi32 to set Share and directory permissions

3. enumerating shares and share permissions with vbscript

4. Using VBScript to set permissions on a folder

5. Setting shares & permissions on home directories

6. Creating shares & setting permissions on folders

7. Enumerating Permission set on File Share

8. Setting share permissions

9. Setting Share Permissions On A Printer

10. Setting Share Permission

11. Create Share - Set Permission HOWTO ?

12. Setting Share level permissions