scripts on the web for download
Author Message
 scripts on the web for download

Hi new to scripting, any good sites where scripts are made and ready for
download so I can use and learn

Thanks

Rob

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:37:04 GMT
 scripts on the web for download
lots and lots and lots. what sort of scripts?

for ASP stuff in VBScript, try www.aspin.com
for the MS scripting docs - http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

there are loads of others - www.google.com is a good starting point(!)

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:11:17 GMT
 scripts on the web for download

Quote:

> Hi new to scripting, any good sites where scripts are made and ready for
> download so I can use and learn

Hi

If you are thinking about administration scripting and not Web browser (ASP/IE)
scripting:

For administration scripting examples (VBScript) and a online version of the
1328 page Scripting Guide from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

Scripting Concepts and Technologies for System Administration
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scrguide/sas_pt1_overvi...

Here is a newsgroup thread you should look at as well with links to other
resources:

Subject: beginner looking for resources
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
Date: 2002-01-31 08:11:00 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=7015b808b5fb0cb4

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:29:16 GMT
 scripts on the web for download

Quote:
> For administration scripting examples (VBScript) and a online version of the
> 1328 page Scripting Guide from Microsoft:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

Is this online version available for download?
In particular I think SagSAS.chm and Scripts.chm would be more useful on my hard drive.

-Paul Randall

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 09:47:37 GMT
 scripts on the web for download

Quote:

> > For administration scripting examples (VBScript) and a online version of the
> > 1328 page Scripting Guide from Microsoft:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

> Is this online version available for download?
> In particular I think SagSAS.chm and Scripts.chm would be more useful on my hard drive.

Hi

The online version can be bought as a book,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735618674/002-7141687-9862444 with a companion CD where SagSAS.chm is
available, but as far as I know, you can't download SagSAS.chm from the Web. The script examples in the script
repository can be downloaded as a chm, but they are at the time not up to date compared with the ones at the
Web site (but eventually it will be).

The script repository says version 1.0 on the download page, but it is 1.1 that is downloaded:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=38942

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:08:48 GMT
 scripts on the web for download

Quote:
> The online version can be bought as a book,
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735618674/002-7141687-9862444 with a companion CD where SagSAS.chm is
> available, but as far as I know, you can't download SagSAS.chm from the Web. The script examples in the script
> repository can be downloaded as a chm, but they are at the time not up to date compared with the ones at the
> Web site (but eventually it will be).

> The script repository says version 1.0 on the download page, but it is 1.1 that is downloaded:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=38942

> --
> torgeir
> Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
> Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

Thanks for the info

-Paul Randall

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:25:16 GMT

1. Script to download a file from the web?

2. download/save web page

3. How download icon from web site?

4. Web Challenge: No image can be downloaded from site

5. automatically download activeX to web clients

6. Client Downloading multiple files from Web Server

7. HTTP Get/download web pages

8. Download ActiveX control from a web page

9. web host doesn't allow .exe download

10. Automating Downloads from Web

11. Download a web page

12. Logout and Web Download