Download file instead open!
Author Message
 Download file instead open!

Hi.

I have some content on my site video, picture, text files that I want make
available for download only!
So, how can I force that file requested from visitor starts downloading and
not to open in browser?

Thanks.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 13:25:04 GMT
 Download file instead open!

hi Ivan,

The usual response to this inquiry is to pack up your content into a zip
file.

That will insure that it gets downloaded instead of opened.

Just about everybody has an "unzipper" of some sort.

cheers, jw

Quote:
> Hi.

> I have some content on my site video, picture, text files that I want make
> available for download only!
> So, how can I force that file requested from visitor starts downloading
and
> not to open in browser?

> Thanks.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Download file instead open it?

2. Howto force Download instead of Open .doc?

3. Downloading a file instead of running it

4. Response.BinaryWrite downloading aspx page instead of streamed file

5. Opening the save diablog box instead of openig the file

6. Opening the save diablog box instead of openig the file

7. opening text files from the server instead ot the clients computer

8. Download instead of launch

9. Open a partially downloaded file from memory

10. download or open file grief

11. opening or downloading Excel files

12. VB5 CGI EXE downloads instead of executing.