launch a request from a database after clicking a button
Author Message
 launch a request from a database after clicking a button
Hello !
I would like to launch a request from a database after clicking a button
and print the result on a message box in the same document.
Thank you for your answers

Sun, 16 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 launch a request from a database after clicking a button

Quote:

>Hello !
>I would like to launch a request from a database after clicking a button
>and print the result on a message box in the same document.
>Thank you for your answers

What you're asking requires fairly advanced ASP, client-side scripting, and
frames.  Are you sure this is what you want?

All right, don't say I didn't warn you...

Frameset:
2 frames, one taking up maybe a 1 pixel line
big frame = request page
little frame = blank page to start

button is input type=button, has onClick event which loads all parameters
into hidden fields on form, submits form to ASP page in little frame

ASP page processes request, client-side script sets value of the textarea in
the big frame to the result of the request

Did I mention that, if this is for the Internet (vs. Intranets), you'll
probably want to use Javascript for the client-side scripts?  But only if
you expect any of your users to have a browser other than IE :-)

Any questions?  Look here first for Javascript info:
http://wsabstract.com/
http://www.developer.com/journal/techworkshop/011598_jsframe.html
And for ASP tutorials:
http://www.activeserverpages.com/learn

Kris Eiben
Automation Creations, Inc.

Sun, 16 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Right Button Click emulating Left Button Click

2. Click button,change picture 3 seconds after clicked

3. adding data to a database with button click

4. Double-click vs single-click on macro button

5. How to make a toolbar button click down/click up

6. "clicking on button without clicking"

7. Using WhatsThisMode on command button activates button click procedure

8. Launching a database exlusively from another database

9. How to launch App like dbl-click in Explorer

10. request help with solitare game prog. mouse clicks

11. Launch click event

12. Launch Access97 Database