Server Side Directives
Author Message
 Server Side Directives

Is there a reference for Server Side Directives anywhere?  It would be nice
if a Server Side Directive (#if) existed that can check to see if something
is equal to something else.  But then again, I think no such directive(s)
exist being that we can't do:
#if (dothis = True) Then
#include blah blah
#end if

This isn't C/C++ so I guess not :P

Anywho, is there any way to check and see if a variable has been dimensioned
without the script bombing out?  (Please note, Option Explicit is ALWAYS set
in my scripts).

Mythran

A.S.P. Scripting
Vacation
Visual Basic Scripting
Visual Basic
C/C++

Which of the above don't belong there?  The one that doesn't belong, is
where I belong.

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:30:53 GMT
 Server Side Directives
I think when you use 'Option Explicit', the scripting engine first looks at
the code to see if all variables are declared. If not, then a compilation
error is generated. I believe this happens before any code is executed; so
there should be no way to check if a variable is dimensioned.

> Is there a reference for Server Side Directives anywhere?  It would be
nice
> if a Server Side Directive (#if) existed that can check to see if
something
> is equal to something else.  But then again, I think no such directive(s)
> exist being that we can't do:
> #if (dothis = True) Then
> #include blah blah
> #end if

> This isn't C/C++ so I guess not :P

> Anywho, is there any way to check and see if a variable has been
dimensioned
> without the script bombing out?  (Please note, Option Explicit is ALWAYS
set
> in my scripts).

> Mythran

> A.S.P. Scripting
> Vacation
> Visual Basic Scripting
> Visual Basic
> C/C++

> Which of the above don't belong there?  The one that doesn't belong, is
> where I belong.

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 01:04:48 GMT
 Server Side Directives

Quote:

> Is there a reference for Server Side Directives anywhere?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iisref/html/psdk/asp/dire5jmt...

Server-Side Includes Reference
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iisref/html/psdk/asp/serv9i5h...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 04:05:26 GMT
 Server Side Directives
Guess not, ok...now..the reason for this is to check to see if an include
file has been included.  I have a file which is included inside an asp.
There are tons of these types of files, there are several of them that make
use of global variables (variables used throughout these included
pages...what I need to do is check to see if these variables have been
dimensioned, if not, dimension them.

Anyone know how to do this?

Mythran

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 05:34:10 GMT

1. #echo, #flastmod and other server side directives

2. Calling Server Side JScript from Server Side VBScript

3. attached Contact Item on server-side becomes attached Mail Item on client-side

4. How Can I Pass Data Between the Server Side and the Client Side VB/JScript

5. Server side or client side cursors?

6. Printing report at the client side and the report is at the server side

7. Printing report at the client side and the report is at the server side

8. Mixing of client-side and server-side scripts

9. Server side variables to client side script?

10. Server-Side vs Client-Side script

11. Using Server side Vs OnClick Client side

12. Client Side + Server Side Scripts