Error Handling using VBScript & COM
Author Message
 Error Handling using VBScript & COM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how to catch errors in ASP using
VBScript.  I tried to use the On Error GoTo ErrorHandlerName like in Visual
Basic but it doesn't seem to be supported.  I just created my own COM
component that raises an error if not properly configured and I wanted the
page to be redirect to a temporarliy out of service page if an error
occurred during the execution of my VBScript.  I was wondering how I would
catch the error.  If someone could respond to me ASAP, that would be great.
Thanks for all the help.

Anthony Nguyen

Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Error Handling using VBScript & COM

You can't use On Error GoTo in VBScript.

You can only use On Error Resume Next.

You must check for Err.Number <> 0 after each
statement that might generate an error.

-Chad

Quote:
> Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how to catch errors in ASP using
> VBScript.  I tried to use the On Error GoTo ErrorHandlerName like in Visual
> Basic but it doesn't seem to be supported.  I just created my own COM
> component that raises an error if not properly configured and I wanted the
> page to be redirect to a temporarliy out of service page if an error
> occurred during the execution of my VBScript.  I was wondering how I would
> catch the error.  If someone could respond to me ASAP, that would be great.
> Thanks for all the help.

> Anthony Nguyen

Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error handling in using multiple COM objects

2. Handling COM Errors in VB script

3. Handling Errors from COM Objects

4. Handle a vbscript event inside a COM object

5. Handling events fired from an ATL COM object in VBScript

6. Error handling in IE 4- & NN

7. Using VBScript COM Object to parse and run VBScripts scriplets

8. Handle COM errors in Try...Catch block?

9. error handling from com

10. COM error handling

11. Error handling between COM and ASP

12. COM Object: handle or trap errors?