Alphabetical order
Author Message
 Alphabetical order

Hi,

I want to check whether a variable comes after or before another variable in
the alphabet. For example when varA="Frank" and varB="Suzy", how can I find
out that varA comes before varB?

Thanks.

Frank

Fri, 12 Dec 2003 02:01:43 GMT
 Alphabetical order
try search for "Bubble Sort" tecnics

Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:36:04 GMT
 Alphabetical order
'case sensitive
'
if varA > varB then
else
end if

'case insensitive
'
if lcase(varA) > lcase(varB) then
else
end if
For strings, see also the StrComp() function.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi,

> I want to check whether a variable comes after or before another variable in
> the alphabet. For example when varA="Frank" and varB="Suzy", how can I find
> out that varA comes before varB?

> Thanks.

> Frank

Fri, 12 Dec 2003 07:26:09 GMT
 Alphabetical order
good idea! *cough*.  Or maybe an insertion sort, selection sort, quick sort,
or merge sort... also they could do a modified merge sort that checks the
array to limit recursive steps?  Can anyone else think of  a more
complicated solution to a simple question?

Jeff

Quote:
> try search for "Bubble Sort" tecnics

Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:51:41 GMT

1. to cross a table in alphabetical order

2. Printing documents in alphabetical order

3. Print documents in alphabetical order

4. Print documents in alphabetical order

5. Automatic alphabetical order

6. Alphabetical order

7. Help, dir : how to class files by alphabetical order

8. DBCombo to show fields in alphabetical order

9. sorting array values in alphabetical order

10. listbox alphabetical order

11. alphabetical order

12. Need DIR command returning in Alphabetical Order