UNC Path
Author Message
 UNC Path

In an ASP page, my application must open an excel file with the
ExcelData.Worksheets.Open (FilePath) statement. It works with a dos path
(d:\temp\myfile.xls) but not with a UNC Path (\\ServerName\Temp\myfile.xls).

Can someone let me know how to solve this ?

My the way, I tried in VB Script, it worked.

Thank you

Regards

Patrick

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 UNC Path
What error do you get?  Permission denied?

From ASP all UNC file access looks to the OS like access to a remote machine
resource (even if it's a UNC for the server running the ASP).  An NT
challenge/response is required for access.  IIS can only respond if it has clear
text credentials, meaning you need to use Basic Authentication.

--
Michael Harris

| In an ASP page, my application must open an excel file with the
| ExcelData.Worksheets.Open (FilePath) statement. It works with a dos path
| (d:\temp\myfile.xls) but not with a UNC Path (\\ServerName\Temp\myfile.xls).
|
| Can someone let me know how to solve this ?
|
| My the way, I tried in VB Script, it worked.
|
| Thank you
|
| Regards
|
| Patrick

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting logical paths to UNC paths

2. Converting logical paths to UNC paths

3. Converting local path to UNC path?

4. Local path vs UNC Path

5. Help converting UNC paths to physical paths.

6. How transform path into unc-path ?

7. How to convert local path to UNC-path?

8. How to convert local path to UNC-path?

9. turning a local path into a UNC path

10. How to convert path to UNC path?

11. Set CurDir to UNC Path

12. get mapped drive letter from UNC path