using adox in wsh/vbs ?
Author Message
 using adox in wsh/vbs ?

Hi all,

I'm attempting to manipulate an access database file and its workgroup
information file which contains user and group security information
for the access database, via wsh/vbs.

ADOX is an extension to ADO which defines objects/methods for
manipulating the user/group properties of a database. Unfortunately
all MS examples of ADOX are for Visual Basic. I would like to use
windows scripting host/visual basic script files with adox.

The following works ok :

Set catDB = wscript.CreateObject("ADOX.Catalog")
catDB.activeconnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
        "Data Source=C:\test.mdb;User Id=;Password=;" & _
        "Jet OLEDB:System database=C:\test.mdw"

I successfully get a connection to the database so the ADOX methods
are available to me.

However, the "users" property doesn't seem to be. Both the following
fail:
catDB.users("Admin").ChangePassword "", "password"
catDB.Users.Append "NewUser", "password"

when attempting to change a users password, or add a new user.

Have I got the syntax wrong ? Has anyone successfully used adox within
wsh/vbs.

Thanks,

--
Michael Pye

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. using adox in wsh/vbs ?

2. How to pass back variables from called vbs from vbs using wsh

3. Error Message: WSH/ADOX Newbie: Help?

4. Create ADOX Table in .MDB with WSH

5. Winsock and vbs/wsh

6. Debug anything.vbs for WSH

7. long script execution (vbs, wsh & wmi)

8. More problems with time and WSH/VBS

9. the future of VBS and WSH?

10. VBS/WSH and database connections

11. Execute a Bat Utilizing VBS (not asp or wsh)

12. Popup window (vbs / wsh)