adovbs.inc
Author Message
 adovbs.inc

All this means is that

Const adOpenForwardOnly = whatever

has appeared twice, once at "/odgroup/den/asp_work/adovbs.inc, line 14" and once somewhere before
that...

It has nothing to do with the versions of anything.  Look in the asp page that does this include
above the point where the include is done for extraneous ado Const declarations or possibly includes
that contain ado Const declarations.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...

> I have some asp pages that include the file adovbs.inc
> The pages work fine on our test server but get the error
> ______________________________________
> Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0411'

> Name redefined: 'adOpenForwardOnly'

> /odgroup/den/asp_work/adovbs.inc, line 14

> The good test server has the following versions on it
> scripting engine=JScript
> buildversion=5010
> majorversion=5
> minorversion=1

> scripting engine=VBScript
> buildversion=5010
> majorversion=5
> minorversion=1

> ado version=2.1

> server software=Microsoft-IIS/4.0
> Script Timeout = 90 seconds
> Session Timeout = 20 minutes

> The none functional server has the following versions on it
> scripting engine=JScript
> buildversion=5207
> majorversion=5
> minorversion=5

> scripting engine=VBScript
> buildversion=5207
> majorversion=5
> minorversion=5

> ado version=2.6

> server software=Microsoft-IIS/4.0
> Script Timeout = 90 seconds
> Session Timeout = 20 minutes

> -____________________________________________________________

> I think it is a versions issue but the non functional server has the
> latest jscript
> and vbscript engines on it. I am a newbie and I am not sure what to work
> on next.
> Thanks for any help

> Jon Crabtree

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 adovbs.inc
[...]

Mon, 12 May 2003 13:03:10 GMT
 adovbs.inc
Also look for other .inc files on your server.  I had this experience
yesterday, I used an ADO constant in one of my .asp pages, when I passed it
to the user it errored with a not found ADO constant, it worked fine on my
development server  After looking at the ADO constant file I was using and
the same one that had been given to the user, neither contained the constant
in question. I discovered other .inc files on my development server, one of
which contained the ADO constant that I had used. Apparently, the ASP
process looks for used contants in places other there were we code them.
R,
Frank

Quote:

------

------

------

------

------

------

> server software=Microsoft-IIS/4.0
> Script Timeout = 90 seconds
> Session Timeout = 20 minutes

> -____________________________________________________________

> I think it is a versions issue but the non functional server has the
> latest jscript
> and vbscript engines on it. I am a newbie and I am not sure what to work
> on next.
> Thanks for any help

> Jon Crabtree

Mon, 12 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 adovbs.inc
Mr Harris,

I have reduced the asp code to only one include line including adovbs.inc and it still
gives the same error. I also looked at the server to see if there was any other .inc
files. I did not find any. I am very new at VBS scripting and asp. The pages
I am learning on are sample pages. I do not know why they even include this
adovbs.inv. I deleted the include and the asp pages seem to work but I am
sure it will cause problems later. What other places could be defining this
constant other than the asp page I am using. Thanks for any clues where to look
because I am stuck.

Quote:

> All this means is that

> Const adOpenForwardOnly = whatever

> has appeared twice, once at "/odgroup/den/asp_work/adovbs.inc, line 14" and once somewhere before
> that...

> It has nothing to do with the versions of anything.  Look in the asp page that does this include
> above the point where the include is done for extraneous ado Const declarations or possibly includes
> that contain ado Const declarations.

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...
> --

> > I have some asp pages that include the file adovbs.inc
> > The pages work fine on our test server but get the error
> > ______________________________________
> > Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0411'

> > Name redefined: 'adOpenForwardOnly'

> > /odgroup/den/asp_work/adovbs.inc, line 14

> > The good test server has the following versions on it
> > scripting engine=JScript
> > buildversion=5010
> > majorversion=5
> > minorversion=1

> > scripting engine=VBScript
> > buildversion=5010
> > majorversion=5
> > minorversion=1

> > ado version=2.1

> > server software=Microsoft-IIS/4.0
> > Script Timeout = 90 seconds
> > Session Timeout = 20 minutes

> > The none functional server has the following versions on it
> > scripting engine=JScript
> > buildversion=5207
> > majorversion=5
> > minorversion=5

> > scripting engine=VBScript
> > buildversion=5207
> > majorversion=5
> > minorversion=5

> > ado version=2.6

> > server software=Microsoft-IIS/4.0
> > Script Timeout = 90 seconds
> > Session Timeout = 20 minutes

> > -____________________________________________________________

> > I think it is a versions issue but the non functional server has the
> > latest jscript
> > and vbscript engines on it. I am a newbie and I am not sure what to work
> > on next.
> > Thanks for any help

> > Jon Crabtree

Wed, 14 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 adovbs.inc
Look in the contents of adovbs.inc to see if it has duplicate Const declarations (or even an
inadvertent embedded INCLUDE)...  Somewhere there are 2 definitions...

You should also look for something like

<!--METADATA TYPE="TypeLib" NAME="ADO" UUID="{00000200-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}"
VERSION="2.0"-->

in the global.asa since it's apparently not in your .asp page or you would have seem it.  TypeLib's
embedded this way do add adBlahBlah names to the ASP page's namespace so any include of adovbs.inc
will cause a conflict (and wouldn't be needed anyway)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> [...]

> > > majorversion=5
> > > minorversion=5

> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > > scripting engine=VBScript
> > > buildversion=5207
> > > majorversion=5
> > > minorversion=5

> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > > ado version=2.6

> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > > server software=Microsoft-IIS/4.0
> > > Script Timeout = 90 seconds
> > > Session Timeout = 20 minutes

> > > -____________________________________________________________

> > > I think it is a versions issue but the non functional server has the
> > > latest jscript
> > > and vbscript engines on it. I am a newbie and I am not sure what to work

Wed, 14 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 adovbs.inc
Mr Harris,

Thanks it was in the Global.asa as below

<!-- Load the constants out of the type lib-->

<!--METADATA type="typelib" file="c:\program files\common files\system\ado\msado15.dll" -->

This was placed here by a commercial asp calander program.
Thanks again for all your help.

Jon

Quote:

> Look in the contents of adovbs.inc to see if it has duplicate Const declarations (or even an
> inadvertent embedded INCLUDE)...  Somewhere there are 2 definitions...

> You should also look for something like

> <!--METADATA TYPE="TypeLib" NAME="ADO" UUID="{00000200-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}"
> VERSION="2.0"-->

> in the global.asa since it's apparently not in your .asp page or you would have seem it.  TypeLib's
> embedded this way do add adBlahBlah names to the ASP page's namespace so any include of adovbs.inc
> will cause a conflict (and wouldn't be needed anyway)...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...
> --

> > Mr Harris,

> > I have reduced the asp code to only one include line including adovbs.inc and it still
> > gives the same error. I also looked at the server to see if there was any other .inc
> > files. I did not find any. I am very new at VBS scripting and asp. The pages
> > I am learning on are sample pages. I do not know why they even include this
> > adovbs.inv. I deleted the include and the asp pages seem to work but I am
> > sure it will cause problems later. What other places could be defining this
> > constant other than the asp page I am using. Thanks for any clues where to look
> > because I am stuck.

> > > All this means is that

> > > Const adOpenForwardOnly = whatever

> > > has appeared twice, once at "/odgroup/den/asp_work/adovbs.inc, line 14" and once somewhere
> before
> > > that...

> > > It has nothing to do with the versions of anything.  Look in the asp page that does this include
> > > above the point where the include is done for extraneous ado Const declarations or possibly
> includes
> > > that contain ado Const declarations.

> > > --
> > > Michael Harris
> > > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > > --

> > > Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...
> > > --

Wed, 14 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 adovbs.inc
Could anyone give me a basic script to search  a drive letter for a file or
multiple files and to copy them into a certain directory . I can already
copy them to a Dir. but cant seem to find folder names and look in them for
files .

Thank you for your help

Fri, 16 May 2003 12:18:21 GMT
 adovbs.inc
1) you should post this as a new message thread, not a reply on a totally unrelated thread (it'll
get lost and overlooked here ;-)...

2) go to: Win32 Scripting [Clarence Washington]
http://cwashington.netreach.net (script search form at bottom of page)

3) search for: recursive

You'll find many examples of how to walk the Files and SubFolders collections for various purposes
with recursive routines...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...

> Could anyone give me a basic script to search  a drive letter for a file or
> multiple files and to copy them into a certain directory . I can already
> copy them to a Dir. but cant seem to find folder names and look in them for
> files .

> Thank you for your help

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. adovbs.inc script error

2. adovbs.inc needed

3. copy of adovbs.inc

4. a copy of adovbs.inc needed

5. adovbs.inc and Constant re-defined error

6. adovbs.inc file creating problem to process script

7. How to include adovbs.inc in a .vbs file

8. including adovbs.inc in a .vbs file

9. ADO constants (adovbs.inc) and WSH ?

10. adovbs.inc

11. Help, weird prob with ADOVBS.INC