MS System Administration Scripting Guide and Script Repository
Author Message
 MS System Administration Scripting Guide and Script Repository

It looks very nice!

Lots of VBScript examples for system administrations (downloadable chm help
file), most of it based on WMI and ADSI.

System Administration Scripting Guide
http://www.*-*-*.com/

It is targeted for Windows 2000 and higher, but most of the scripts will work
for Win9x/NT 4.0 if you install WMI and ADSI core.

From the download page:

<qoute>
System Administration Scripting Guide

The sample scripts provided are likely to appear in the upcoming System
Administration Scripting Guide (see More Information link), which will ship as
part of the Windows .NET Server Resource Kit.
<qoute>

A chapter from this book is also released, it is a VBScript tutorial:

VBScript Primer
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
torgeir

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:14:39 GMT
 MS System Administration Scripting Guide and Script Repository
Very nice information Torgeir.

An idea hit my brain. Now MS looks like thinking the script thing as an
administration tool rather than a development tool.

--
Han Pohwan
Seoul, Korea, MS Asia MVP

Quote:
> It looks very nice!

> Lots of VBScript examples for system administrations (downloadable chm
help
> file), most of it based on WMI and ADSI.

> System Administration Scripting Guide

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=38942&area=s...
rdinal=2
Quote:

> It is targeted for Windows 2000 and higher, but most of the scripts will
work
> for Win9x/NT 4.0 if you install WMI and ADSI core.

> From the download page:

> <qoute>
> System Administration Scripting Guide

> The sample scripts provided are likely to appear in the upcoming System
> Administration Scripting Guide (see More Information link), which will
ship as
> part of the Windows .NET Server Resource Kit.
> <qoute>

> A chapter from this book is also released, it is a VBScript tutorial:

> VBScript Primer

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain...
ze/script/netvbscr.asp

> --
> torgeir

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:47:55 GMT
 MS System Administration Scripting Guide and Script Repository
YES!  YES! YES!!

Sorry, Han... there's always ActiveState Python.  ;-)

Quote:
> Very nice information Torgeir.

> An idea hit my brain. Now MS looks like thinking the script thing as an
> administration tool rather than a development tool.

> --
> Han Pohwan
> Seoul, Korea, MS Asia MVP

> > It looks very nice!

> > Lots of VBScript examples for system administrations (downloadable chm
> help
> > file), most of it based on WMI and ADSI.

> > System Administration Scripting Guide

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=38942&area=s...
> rdinal=2

> > It is targeted for Windows 2000 and higher, but most of the scripts will
> work
> > for Win9x/NT 4.0 if you install WMI and ADSI core.

> > From the download page:

> > <qoute>
> > System Administration Scripting Guide

> > The sample scripts provided are likely to appear in the upcoming System
> > Administration Scripting Guide (see More Information link), which will
> ship as
> > part of the Windows .NET Server Resource Kit.
> > <qoute>

> > A chapter from this book is also released, it is a VBScript tutorial:

> > VBScript Primer

> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain...
> ze/script/netvbscr.asp

> > --
> > torgeir

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:26:52 GMT
 MS System Administration Scripting Guide and Script Repository
Some would say about time. :op

ActivePerl rocks.

--
Joe Richards
www.joeware.net

Quote:
> Very nice information Torgeir.

> An idea hit my brain. Now MS looks like thinking the script thing as an
> administration tool rather than a development tool.

> --
> Han Pohwan
> Seoul, Korea, MS Asia MVP

> > It looks very nice!

> > Lots of VBScript examples for system administrations (downloadable chm
> help
> > file), most of it based on WMI and ADSI.

> > System Administration Scripting Guide

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=38942&area=s...

> rdinal=2

> > It is targeted for Windows 2000 and higher, but most of the scripts will
> work
> > for Win9x/NT 4.0 if you install WMI and ADSI core.

> > From the download page:

> > <qoute>
> > System Administration Scripting Guide

> > The sample scripts provided are likely to appear in the upcoming System
> > Administration Scripting Guide (see More Information link), which will
> ship as
> > part of the Windows .NET Server Resource Kit.
> > <qoute>

> > A chapter from this book is also released, it is a VBScript tutorial:

> > VBScript Primer

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain...

> ze/script/netvbscr.asp

> > --
> > torgeir

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:40:09 GMT
 MS System Administration Scripting Guide and Script Repository

Quote:
> System Administration Scripting Guide
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=38942&area=s...

> It is targeted for Windows 2000 and higher, but most of the scripts
> will work for Win9x/NT 4.0 if you install WMI and ADSI core.

The scripts (same as what is in the downloadable HTMHelp file above) are also available online now on TechNet...

Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:36:14 GMT

1. MS System Administration Scripting Guide and Script Repository

2. New functionality add to the Script Repository at win32 scripting

3. New functionality add to the Script Repository at win32 scripting

4. New functionality add to the Script Repository at win32 scripting

5. how to control MS word via MS Basic script

6. Script Repository Overhaul Complete!

7. Script Repository Overhaul Complete!

8. Script Repository Overhaul Complete!

9. Scripting repository?

10. Script Repository Overhaul Complete!

11. VBS Script for downloading from a CVS repository.

12. COM+ administration scripting/programming