How to start a Standard-EXE with VB-Script
Author Message
 How to start a Standard-EXE with VB-Script

Hi!

Dones anybody know how to run a exe-file with Office2000/VBScript.

This is a very urgent issue for me!

Regards,
Lucky

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start a Standard-EXE with VB-Script

From an Office 2000 app you have VBA available which has the Shell statement.

From VBScript create a WScript.Shell object and use it's Run method.

--
Michael Harris

  Hi!

  Dones anybody know how to run a exe-file with Office2000/VBscript.

  This is a very urgent issue for me!

  Regards,
  Lucky

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start a Standard-EXE with VB-Script
set ws = createobject("wscript.shell")
ws.run "notepad.exe"

Dominic Marks

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start a Standard-EXE with VB-Script
Thanks!

It works well.( opening a html-Site )

Lucky

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start a Standard-EXE with VB-Script

says...
Quote:
> From an Office 2000 app you have VBA available which has the Shell statement.

> From VBScript create a WScript.Shell object and use it's Run method.

How does one find out what methods are available for what objects? In
other words, somebody sent me some code, below of which is a piece.
Where is there a reference as to the parameters following the
"command.com" statement?  What is WScript.Sleep mean?  Am I making sense
here...;+}

' Start the NT command shell and pause
set WShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

WShell.Run "command.com", 1, FALSE
WScript.Sleep 200

Jim Ryan
Please CC: by mail

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start a Standard-EXE with VB-Script

WSH Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/docs/reference/defaul...

InternetExplorer Object
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/WebBrowser/reference/Objec...

--
Michael Harris
MVP - Windows Script

  says...
  > From an Office 2000 app you have VBA available which has the Shell statement.
  >
  > From VBScript create a WScript.Shell object and use it's Run method.

  How does one find out what methods are available for what objects? In
  other words, somebody sent me some code, below of which is a piece.
  Where is there a reference as to the parameters following the
  "command.com" statement?  What is WScript.Sleep mean?  Am I making sense
  here...;+}

  ' Start the NT command shell and pause
  set WShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
  set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

  WShell.Run "command.com", 1, FALSE
  WScript.Sleep 200

  Jim Ryan
  Please CC: by mail

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start a Standard-EXE with VB-Script
I've used the method recommended in this thread for running .exe files.
(that is, using the run method of the wscript.shell object).

The problem is, I can't kill the jobs once they start. Niether NT
process view nor Pview will allow me to kill the job.

Ideally, I want to allow the client to start long running batch jobs
from the web page. The batch job would be a VB exe. The user could then
view his jobs in progress and have the capability to kill the jobs.
Using the wscript.shell run method, I can't even kill the job while
from the server.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Quote:
> Hi!

> Dones anybody know how to run a exe-file with Office2000/VBscript.

> This is a very urgent issue for me!

> Regards,
> Lucky

> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

--
Erik Slotboom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Does anyone know how to start a .exe file in VB Script

2. Anyone know how to Start a .exe using VB script

3. starting script from VB-exe

4. making standard VB EXE to ActiveX EXE?

5. Equivalent of VB.6 Standard EXE in VB.NET

6. How to auto start a cab file packaged as an exe from script

7. Can vbscript start an exe -- local intrant ???

8. Start a EXE-File in VBScript

9. Starting an exe-file from vbscript

10. Start a VB exe file from Outlook

11. starting an exe from within VBscript

12. starting exe from VBScript