Universal Naming Convention.....
Author Message
 Universal Naming Convention.....

in a UNC the following is the basic syntax

\\server\volume\path\filename

Is there anyway to include a username and password with this UNC?
ex. you can access an ftp site by the following url
ftp://123.123.123.123/
but it will prompt you for a username and password unless you include them
in the URL itself

Is there a similiar way to alter a UNC to include a username and password?
        -J

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 22:29:12 GMT

1. Universal Naming Convention.....

2. Universal Naming Convention.....

3. FilesSystemObject and Universal Naming Convention

4. Universal Naming Convention.....

5. Copying files using (UNC) Universal Naming Convention

6. Universal Naming Convention trouble

7. Copying files using UNC (Universal Naming Convention)

8. Universal Naming Convention.....

9. How do I convert a drive letter to UNC(universal naming convention) ?

10. How do I convert a drive letter to UNC(universal naming convention) ?

11. How do I convert a drive letter to UNC(universal naming convention) ?

12. How do I convert a drive letter to UNC(universal naming convention) ?