Execute console app to same window
Author Message
 Execute console app to same window

I need to execute console (*.exe) program to same window where my console
VBScript is running. It seems that WshShell always opens new window.

Thank for any advice

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 05:53:05 GMT
 Execute console app to same window
Use WshShell.Exec and the WshScriptExec object it returns (new to WSH 5.6)...

Windows Script Documentation (HTMLHelp)
http://download.microsoft.com/download/winscript56/Install/5.6/W982KM...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Quote:

> I need to execute console (*.exe) program to same window where my console
> VBScript is running. It seems that WshShell always opens new window.

> Thank for any advice

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:25:24 GMT

1. My windows app is compiling as console/DOS app

2. running console app in same console

3. Console Gurus: Capture output from console app

4. Writing output to a console the console window

5. want output to dos console (calling console), not a new window

6. Whats the best way to execute a VB app from another VB app

7. Print output from console app in my VB app instead

8. Executing Apps using Windows Extension?

9. Executing Apps. @ windows start up

10. How to Control a Console (old DOS) App...

11. VBScript front-end to a console app.

12. How to Control a Console (old DOS) App...