VBS scripts not working
Author Message
 VBS scripts not working

I use IE4.01 SP1 on Win 95. Web pages with VBScript inside don't work while
JavaScript pages do.
In IE4 Options/Security tab, I have the Active Scripting radio box enabled
(I use the default install parameters).

Had someone this prb ?

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VBS scripts not working
What does doesn't work mean?
Do you have a URL where this happens?

   ______
   ab/mvp

   www.desktop.on.ca
   www.swynk.com/friends/bertrand/

Quote:
>I use IE4.01 SP1 on Win 95. Web pages with VBScript inside don't work while
>JavaScript pages do.
>In IE4 Options/Security tab, I have the Active Scripting radio box enabled
>(I use the default install parameters).

>Had someone this prb ?

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VBS scripts not working
It means that VBScripts never works.
For exemple, I composed this test page :

[...]
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
Sub VBS_onClick
     alert("VBScript OK !")
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JScript">
function Java ()
    {
        alert("JavaScript OK !")
    }
</SCRIPT>

<button type="submit" name="JS" language="JScript"
onclick="Java()">Javascript</button>

This client side script works only in JavaScript, but not in VBScript.

Aaron Bertrand [MVP] a crit dans le message

Quote:
>What does doesn't work mean?
>Do you have a URL where this happens?

>   ______
>   ab/mvp

>   www.desktop.on.ca
>   www.swynk.com/friends/bertrand/

>>I use IE4.01 SP1 on Win 95. Web pages with VBScript inside don't work
while
>>JavaScript pages do.
>>In IE4 Options/Security tab, I have the Active Scripting radio box enabled
>>(I use the default install parameters).

>>Had someone this prb ?

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VBS scripts not working
Works fine for me.
Maybe you should update your scripting engines to 3.1a.
http://www.microsoft.com/scripting/

   ______
   ab/mvp

   www.desktop.on.ca
   www.swynk.com/friends/bertrand/

Quote:
>It means that VBScripts never works.
>For exemple, I composed this test page :

>[...]
><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
>Sub VBS_onClick
>     alert("VBScript OK !")
>End Sub
></SCRIPT>

><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JScript">
>function Java ()
>    {
>        alert("JavaScript OK !")
>    }
></SCRIPT>

><button type="submit" name="JS" language="JScript"
>onclick="Java()">Javascript</button>

>This client side script works only in JavaScript, but not in VBScript.

>Aaron Bertrand [MVP] a crit dans le message

>>What does doesn't work mean?
>>Do you have a URL where this happens?

>>   ______
>>   ab/mvp

>>   www.desktop.on.ca
>>   www.swynk.com/friends/bertrand/

>>>I use IE4.01 SP1 on Win 95. Web pages with VBScript inside don't work
>while
>>>JavaScript pages do.
>>>In IE4 Options/Security tab, I have the Active Scripting radio box
enabled
>>>(I use the default install parameters).

>>>Had someone this prb ?

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBA Script works but VBS Does not

2. Running a .vbs script from within a .vbs script

3. onload vbs not working on website

4. Help...Why my vbs not working Properly.

5. Works as VBS but not in HTM page

6. Sending MAPI message works from .vbs, but not in ASP

7. vbs code to toggle Registry setting not working

8. Works in VBS, why not JS?!

9. Not Working(file saved as *.vbs)

10. Still not working (*vbs files) NEW to VBScript

11. win2k resource kit VBS files do not work with WMI or WBEM

12. ByRef not working in WSH/VBS