call a VBscript function from VB
Author Message
 call a VBscript function from VB

Imagine I have a script enabled environment like ASP or WSH. The environment
creates a custom component (COM in VB or C++) simple, right?

But I want to call back to VBScript to set for instance the locale
(setLocale() and getLocale()) is this possible what I want? Or do I have to
write my own FormatDateTime and FormatNumber functions just to get my OWN
locale on the thread? (ps: kernel32.SetThreadLocale do not have impact on
Vbscript)

Regards,

Egbert

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 02:51:36 GMT
 call a VBscript function from VB
I would assume that an application calling a VBScript script code to execute the SetLocale()
function (VBScript 5.0 or higher) would only have an effect on other script code that runs within
that instance of the script engine, not on the parent (host) application...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Imagine I have a script enabled environment like ASP or WSH. The environment
> creates a custom component (COM in VB or C++) simple, right?

> But I want to call back to vbscript to set for instance the locale
> (setLocale() and getLocale()) is this possible what I want? Or do I have to
> write my own FormatDateTime and FormatNumber functions just to get my OWN
> locale on the thread? (ps: kernel32.SetThreadLocale do not have impact on
> Vbscript)

> Regards,

> Egbert

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:34:20 GMT

1. Calling a VBScript function from a host VB application

2. VBScript - Calling Word VB functions

3. ?Calling VBScript function in VB code

4. Calling VB function from jscript/vbscript?

5. Calling a VBScript function from a host VB application

6. call function from vb

7. Call a JavaScript function from VB Script

8. calling java function through vb script

9. How can I call jscript function from vb?

10. call functions in VB

11. OO4O and VB function call?

12. Call VB Script function from Javascript