Include file for Javascript in WSH
Author Message
 Include file for Javascript in WSH

Hi,
Is there anyway to include library files for Javascript when used with
Windows Script Hosts? Most of the scripts we plan to write will depend on
some core library. We would like to write them once and have them included
in the other scripts. We know how to do it for Javascript within the ASP
environment and within the client-side HTML environment, but we cannot find
any info how to do it in the WSH environment.

Second question: if there any archive for this newsgroup? I hoped to find
the answer to the above question in an archive but could not find any
archive.

Thanks,
Nhom Nguyen

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Include file for Javascript in WSH
Hey there,

Quote:
> Hi,
> Is there anyway to include library files for Javascript when used with
> Windows Script Hosts?

Yes, if you download the WSH 2 beta from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/beta/default.htm

Quote:
> Second question: if there any archive for this newsgroup? I hoped to find
> the answer to the above question in an archive but could not find any
> archive.

Try one of the news archive sites, such as http://www.deja.com/

Microsoft doesn't have its own archive (that I know of, anyway!)

Peter

--
Peter J. Torr - Microsoft Windows Script Program Manager

Please do not e-mail me with questions - post them to this
newsgroup instead. Thankyou!

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Include file for Javascript in WSH
Hi Peter,
1. If I download WSH 2 beta into my development machine, will it impact my
ASP scripting environment? how about on IE client-side scripting (I also use
IE on the server) ?
2. When will WSH 2 beta be released?

Nhom Nguyen

Quote:

>Hey there,

>> Hi,
>> Is there anyway to include library files for Javascript when used with
>> Windows Script Hosts?

>Yes, if you download the WSH 2 beta from
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/beta/default.htm

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Include file for Javascript in WSH

Quote:
> Hi Peter,
> 1. If I download WSH 2 beta into my development machine, will it impact my
> ASP scripting environment? how about on IE client-side scripting (I also
use
> IE on the server) ?
> 2. When will WSH 2 beta be released?

Hung,

Your other scripting hosts (ASP and IE) should be fine. Windows Scripting
Host installs only the files needed for itself (such as cscript.exe,
scrrun.dll, and so on), but does not include any new language engines.

WSH 2 will be released with Windows 2000, but will also be available as a
download for our older platforms like Windows 95.

Peter

--
Peter J. Torr - Microsoft Windows Script Program Manager

Please do not e-mail me with questions - post them to this
newsgroup instead. Thankyou!

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Include JavaScript file in another include file

2. Can I include other file into WSH file?

3. Can I include other file into WSH file?

4. Include file in javascript

5. Include JavaScript code within external CSS files

6. how do i include a 2nd wsh file

7. ho do i include a 2nd wsh file

8. to include a written .vbs file in wsh

9. Include files and WSH - a newbie question

10. Include files in WSH?

11. How to make an include file in WSH ?

12. include files in WSH script