Controlling browser print settings
Author Message
 Controlling browser print settings

Is there a way to control the browser print settings through script or
cascading style sheets?  In particular I want to clear/ignore what is in the
printer header and footer sections.  I don't want the url and pageinfo and
date to appear on the print out and if possible do it programmatically so
the user does not have to go into the "printer settings dialog "every time.

Thanks in advance,  Joe

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Controlling browser print settings
Scripting Support for Web Page Printing
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/script/dhtmlprint.asp

--
Mark L. Ferguson    Please reply in Newsgroup
marfer's notes for OE 5 > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> Is there a way to control the browser print settings through script or
> cascading style sheets?  In particular I want to clear/ignore what is in the
> printer header and footer sections.  I don't want the url and pageinfo and
> date to appear on the print out and if possible do it programmatically so
> the user does not have to go into the "printer settings dialog "every time.

> Thanks in advance,  Joe

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Control browser with no print function!

2. web browser control and landscape printing

3. Automation Error from Web Browser Control in VB5 Control

4. browser settings

5. Getting the locale setting of the browser (IE)

6. Client Browser Text Size Setting

7. browser's cache settings......

8. Setting the Always On Top Flag for a Browser Window

9. Setting background color - cross-browser?

10. changing default browser security settings

11. setting images proerties in the browser with vbscript

12. Default browser setting?