Combo Boxes
Author Message
 Combo Boxes

Okay I'll try to make this as clear as possible.  I have three combos, one
visible and two hidden.  The user can enter a number and then with a radio
button select if it is a full or partial file number.  If it is full,
something like 3456 - Full will get added to the visible combo and 3456 will
get added to the Full hidden combo.  There is also a hidden combo for
partial numbers.

This all works fine when adding. I've written some script that also removes
items from the visible box if it is selected:

function btnRemove(strType)
{
 if (strType=='Nbr')
 {

  for(var i=document.thisForm.cboNumbers.options.length; i>0 ; i--)
  {
   var j= i-1
   if(document.thisForm.cboNumbers.options(j).selected)
   {
    alert(document.thisForm.cboNumbers.options(j).text)
    document.thisForm.cboNumbers.remove(j);
   }
  }
 }

Quote:
}

What I want to do is take the numbers only from the visible combo and then
loop through the appropriate hidden one, and if they are equal, delete it
from that one as well.  Does this make sense??

Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Combo Boxes

Okay let me rephrase that first convoluted expression.

How do I say, in JavaScript.   If  34 is equal to everything before the dash
in 34-Full then do something.

Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do you auto-load a combo box based on selection in another combo box on same form?

2. Two follow-on combo-boxes

3. combo box

4. Multi-column combo boxes?

5. HOW TO: combo box -- multiple selections

6. Dynamic combo boxes (beginner)

7. Combo box

8. Update combo box contents

9. tooltips in combo box