SELECT problem
Author Message
 SELECT problem

Hi,
I have a problem with pop-up menus. When I use some javascript code to
create a pop-up menu, like the code from
http://www.*-*-*.com/ (but it can be
anything drawing in some absolute position), it works fine, until I need to
show the menu above a <SELECT> object. The <SELECT> is everytime above my
menu  (it is visible, even though it should not be), even if I try to change
z-index. It works fine with <INPUT> and other things, but not with <SELECT>,
... Can anybody help me?

Thanks,
Jiri

Fri, 16 May 2003 16:51:28 GMT
 SELECT problem
Yes it's one of those elements like iframes used to be that just don't do
z-indexes. My solution is to put the menu in an iframe src="about:etc etc";
and use the iframe to block out the select. I think most people just turn
off the selects visibility or display when something should be over it.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with pop-up menus. When I use some javascript code to
> create a pop-up menu, like the code from
> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/contextmenu.htm (but it can be
> anything drawing in some absolute position), it works fine, until I need
> show the menu above a <SELECT> object. The <SELECT> is everytime above my
> menu  (it is visible, even though it should not be), even if I try to
change
> z-index. It works fine with <INPUT> and other things, but not with
<SELECT>,
> ... Can anybody help me?

> Thanks,
> Jiri

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. IE5 focus()/select() problem

2. SELECT PROBLEM

3. multiple select problem

4. Strange SELECT/Click problem

5. Problem with selecting output device

6. Problem with <select>

7. help on problem with SELECT and Javascript

8. select/z-index problem

9. Problems reading objects property of Select object

10. Problem with SELECTED in listbox

11. problem modifying select options under Netscape

12. <select> box problems