Window Closing behavior
Author Message
 Window Closing behavior

Hello,

I have an app that I open in a new window without all the navigation bars.
I to try to limit the user from using any navigation tools because the
sessions are very tightly controlled.  When they leave the site a logout
script is run and the window is closed using self.close();   It works great.
On the otherhand, I used the identical syntax to close the window that
opened the application and it requires a Yes/No box to be answered.

The logout is initiated by clicking on a link.  The login is standard form.
Any thoughts on why one would require a Yes/No and the other works as it
should?

If this will always require an answer, what is the syntax for minimizing a
window?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Window Closing behavior

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have an app that I open in a new window without all the navigation bars.
> I to try to limit the user from using any navigation tools because the
> sessions are very tightly controlled.  When they leave the site a logout
> script is run and the window is closed using self.close();   It works
great.
> On the otherhand, I used the identical syntax to close the window that
> opened the application and it requires a Yes/No box to be answered.

This is a security feature you can only close windows that you open.

Quote:
> If this will always require an answer, what is the syntax for minimizing a
> window?

with normal security you can't.

Jim.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems Closing a New Window using window.close()

2. Closing a child window when parent closes

3. Close all child windows when parent is closed

4. Close IE 5 without prompt for close window confirmation

5. window.open and window.close

6. Closing Window's / Framed Window..

7. Updating parent window and closing child window

8. Closing a Windows Explorer Window

9. window.open() and cursor behavior

10. window.close()/window.open()

11. Closing a window from a button on another window

12. Popup Windows, Focus and knowing when to window.close