Page Loading issues if jscript functions called
Author Message
 Page Loading issues if jscript functions called

I have an asp page writing out long results pages by looping round
recordsets and using response.write

Many of the elements being written to the page have jscript functions
attached to them
These elements can be clicked before the page is loaded.
I check to see if the page has loaded at the start of each jscript function.
If the page hasnt loaded I dont get an error as I exit the function but the
rest of the page will now not load ever.
In IE the "world" in top corner just keeps on spinning and view source shows
a half completed page.
I am buffering the results but this has no effect

Any ideas would be much appreciated

cheers
Zac

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:59:50 GMT
 Page Loading issues if jscript functions called

Quote:
> I have an asp page writing out long results pages by looping round
> recordsets and using response.write

> Many of the elements being written to the page have jscript functions
> attached to them
> These elements can be clicked before the page is loaded.
> I check to see if the page has loaded at the start of each jscript
function.
> If the page hasnt loaded I dont get an error as I exit the function but
the
> rest of the page will now not load ever.
> In IE the "world" in top corner just keeps on spinning and view source
shows
> a half completed page.
> I am buffering the results but this has no effect

> Any ideas would be much appreciated

At a guess, you're using <a href="javascript: "> and therefore when you
click the link an implicit window.stop() is called.  Don't use that
format and you'll probably be okay...  (although A links will often
implicitly call a stop.

Jim.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:17:10 GMT

1. Can browser call Jscript function automaticaly when page loads

3. call a jscript-function in the vbscript-part of an asp-page

4. How do I call JScript functions from within ASP written in JScript

5. how do I display a 'page loading...'- image while actual page is loading

6. When page loads, load a page in another frame

7. How to fire a function after page is loaded

9. IE will not load Java applets in jscript generated page

10. calling vbscript function from jscript

11. Calling JScript function from VBScript code

12. Calling a function defined in a linked JScript file