? on how to truly Maximize a newly created window's state
Author Message
 ? on how to truly Maximize a newly created window's state

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to truly maximize a window created
with window.open().  I'm using the following JScript code now, but my users
would like to have the window set to a true maximize, as in setting the
window's state to maximized instead of the default normal.  Any suggestion
would be appreciated.

    top.window.moveTo(0,0)
    top.window.resizeTo(window.screen.availWidth,window.screen.availHeight)

Thanks,
Elijah Cornell

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ? on how to truly Maximize a newly created window's state
Rightclick the Desktop, then New, then "Shortcut."

On the "Command" line, type:

 "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"

Name it, and Finish

Rightclick the new desktop shortcut, and click Properties.

Click the "Run" drop box, and set it to "Maximized" , click OK

Turn off IE security, then try this code:

<head>
<script>
function go() {
var shell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
shell.Run('%windir%/desktop/IEXPLORE.LNK  www.microsoft.com');

Quote:
}

</script>
</head>

--
Mark L. Ferguson    Please reply in Newsgroup
marfer's notes for OE 5 > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to truly maximize a window created
> with window.open().  I'm using the following JScript code now, but my users
> would like to have the window set to a true maximize, as in setting the
> window's state to maximized instead of the default normal.  Any suggestion
> would be appreciated.

>     top.window.moveTo(0,0)
>     top.window.resizeTo(window.screen.availWidth,window.screen.availHeight)

> Thanks,
> Elijah Cornell

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bringing a window up in a Maximized State

2. Bringing a window up in a Maximized State

3. Handling events for a newly created window

4. Creating Window Like 'Windows Copy File'

5. WSH / JScript: Getting another window's state

6. How to create a truly dynamic array?

7. How to create a truly dynamic array?

8. Obtaining process id of newly created process

9. help, I can't create an array from child window in parent window

10. Modifying images of newly opened window

11. window.open does not maximize the new window

12. window.open - how to maximize window?