special characters and ASCII code
Author Message
 special characters and ASCII code

hi all,

when i initialise a string like this :

nextpage = "organizer.asp?WCI=oAddAgency&WCU"

and then display it (alert(nextpage)), it gives me this :

organizer%2Easp%3FWCI=oAddAgency

well i guess that javascript has a problem with the special
characters "." "?" "&" and maybe more...

what can i do to keep those characters in my string ? is there a function that
converts an ascii code ? or is there a better way to do this ?

Best regards ,
Elise

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:48:18 GMT
 special characters and ASCII code
Elise,
Unescape them, this is the way you 'recover' their ASCII equivalent if
needed. Never send an Unescaped URL string.

Rubn

hi all,

when i initialise a string like this :

nextpage = "organizer.asp?WCI=oAddAgency&WCU"

and then display it (alert(nextpage)), it gives me this :

organizer%2Easp%3FWCI=oAddAgency

well i guess that javascript has a problem with the special
characters "." "?" "&" and maybe more...

what can i do to keep those characters in my string ? is there a function
that
converts an ascii code ? or is there a better way to do this ?

Best regards ,
Elise

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:52:23 GMT
 special characters and ASCII code
okay thanks i gonna try this

Silence must be heard, noise should be observed
The time has come to learn, that silence ....
Silence must be heard ...

Quote:
> Elise,
> Unescape them, this is the way you 'recover' their ASCII equivalent if
> needed. Never send an Unescaped URL string.

> Rubn

> hi all,

> when i initialise a string like this :

> nextpage = "organizer.asp?WCI=oAddAgency&WCU"

> and then display it (alert(nextpage)), it gives me this :

> organizer%2Easp%3FWCI=oAddAgency

> well i guess that javascript has a problem with the special
> characters "." "?" "&" and maybe more...

> what can i do to keep those characters in my string ? is there a function
> that
> converts an ascii code ? or is there a better way to do this ?

> Best regards ,
> Elise

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 05:50:32 GMT

1. Extracting ASCII code from Characters

2. ASCII Character Code Reference Chart

3. Ascii Coded Characters in JavaScripts and QueryStrings

4. command in ASP/VBscript to convert date and time into a Hex code, ASCII code

5. command in ASP/VBscript to convert date and time into a Hex code, ASCII code

6. special characters in ps

7. special characters

8. special character conversion

9. Newbie - help with special character

10. newbie and M-dash, and other special characters

11. url special characters

12. Special characters help