x-browser way to disable form elements?
Author Message
 x-browser way to disable form elements?

I'm working on a form application where the availability of some form
elements is conditional on the state of other checkboxes or radio buttons.
In IE I can just set the "disabled" state, but of course, Netscape doesn't
support that.

Does anyone have any pointers to a cross-browser method of conditionally
enabling form elements? One of my first thoughts was to try modifying the
form property on the elements. But that property is read-only. My current
line of thinking is to put the elements into a div, and dynamically
destroy/recreate the div as needed.

Does anyone know of a pre-existing Javascript library for form element
manipulation of this nature?

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP
Webmaster, AAA Cooper Transportation

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 x-browser way to disable form elements?
for buttons, checkboxes e.t.c.

use onmousedown handler and return false in there ...

heh you probably never got answer from anybody else here,
this NG is too MS-specific ...
MM anno MM

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 x-browser way to disable form elements?

Quote:
>this NG is too MS-specific ...

I wonder why ...

for buttons, checkboxes e.t.c.

use onmousedown handler and return false in there ...

heh you probably never got answer from anybody else here,
this NG is too MS-specific ...
MM anno MM

Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 x-browser way to disable form elements?

Quote:
>>this NG is too MS-specific ...
>I wonder why ...

 I dunno ... heh ... go figure ...

--
MM anno MM
http://my.tele2.ee/cadorsoft/cdr_js_pkb/links.htm

Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Enable & Disable Form Text Elements

2. Check if form element is disabled

3. how to disable right-click contextMenu - but enable for form elements

4. Finding # of specific element in forms elements collection

5. Equivalent of document.form.elements[x] on page w/o form

6. check for non existent form element Request.Form

7. DISABLED elements

8. Accessing Disabled Input elements

9. Problem disabling an element on-the-fly

10. disable user interaction using an overlaid DIV element

11. How to show/hide browser elements

12. browser doesn't change elements visibility while in function