type=file access denied
Author Message
 type=file access denied

howdy,
i am trying to use a custom button to choose a file for upload, by calling
form.fileObject.click(). form.fileObject (type=file) is hidden by
stylesheets, and everything works correctly until the point of submission,
which then throws an error "Access Denied". does anyone know of *anyway* to
get around this (IE 5.5)? i really don't want to have the fileObject
visible.

thanx in advance....

--
________________________
///o-o\\\

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:58:19 GMT
 type=file access denied
Hi

Not possible.

Best Regards
  Vidar Petursson
 ==============================
   Microsoft Internet, Client, SDK MVP
 ==============================
 http://www.icysoft.com
 http://www.dna.is

 ==============================
  No matter where you go there you are
 ==============================

> howdy,
> i am trying to use a custom button to choose a file for upload, by calling
> form.fileObject.click(). form.fileObject (type=file) is hidden by
> stylesheets, and everything works correctly until the point of submission,
> which then throws an error "Access Denied". does anyone know of *anyway*
> get around this (IE 5.5)? i really don't want to have the fileObject
> visible.

> thanx in advance....

> --
> ________________________
> ///o-o\\\
> Jamie LaScolea

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:02:03 GMT

1. Access denied writing XML file from Javascript

2. Access denied when I try to launch an exe file

3. access denied when trying to copy a file

4. access to specified device or file is denied

5. Access denied (JavaScript error) while download a file.

6. Access denied once the file field is filled

7. "Access denied" when accessing script object

8. Access Denied Error when working with frames

9. _Blank and Access is denied

10. "Access denied" on document.LastModified Object

11. Access Denied--Document.Write

12. Access is denied