Problem with Access database in JScript with ADO on XP
Author Message
 Problem with Access database in JScript with ADO on XP

I don't seem to have this problem on Windows 2000, but in Window XP Prof I
get the following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x72c Thread 0x40c
DBC 0x1025024 Jet'

The connection string I'm using is:

"Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=c:\mydb.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd="

However, I'm not sure if this connect string is correct.  The db doens't
have a uid as far as I know, but leaving the Uid= field blank didn't fix
anything.

This is the JScript code:

DBI.prototype.query = function( sql )
{
  try
  {
    this.recs   = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Recordset");
    this.recs.Open( sql, this.dsn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic );
    isEmpty = (this.recs.BOF && this.recs.EOF)
    if( !isEmpty )
      this.recs.MoveFirst();
    }
    catch( e )
    {
      Response.write( "<br/>exception: "+e.description+"<br/>"+sql );
        this.setLastError( e.description );
        return false;
    }
    return true;

Quote:
}

but it always throws an exception, can figure out why.

thanks for your time...

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:32:50 GMT
 Problem with Access database in JScript with ADO on XP
change this
"Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};Dbq=c:\mydb.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd="
to this
"Provider=Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=c:\mydb.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd="

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 13:38:22 GMT
 Problem with Access database in JScript with ADO on XP

Quote:
> change this
> "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
> (*.mdb)};Dbq=c:\mydb.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd="
> to this
> "Provider=Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
> Source=c:\mydb.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd="

> I got bored with my old signature,
> so I changed it

> Atrax. MVP, IIS
> http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Thanks, but now I get:
        Could not find installable ISAM

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:39:44 GMT
 Problem with Access database in JScript with ADO on XP
oops. forgot to escape the backslash

"Provider=Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
 Source=c:\\mydb.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd="

embarrassing or what?

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 15:18:32 GMT

1. Access on a MS-Access-database with an ADO-Object in Jscript

2. PROBLEM: Accessing database through Java-class in ASP (Jscript)

3. error doing a FILTER on an Access database via Asp/VBScript and ADO

4. no permission to view access database via asp(using ado)

5. error doing a FILTER on an Access database via Asp/VBScript and ADO

6. Opening an Access database with ADO connection and VBScript

7. no permission to view access database via asp(using ado)

8. Creating a Access database (with ADO)

9. ADO dsn-less read / write database access

10. windows xp and jscript - I cannot Install scriptgen with windows XP

11. Using ADO to create a recordset into MS Access in Jscript with VisInterdev 6

12. Pulling Data out of an Access Blob Using ADO ASP and JScript